PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Navy Chief

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2022
Does anybody have any suggestions for good alternatives to Paragon and Halcyon waxes for pipe maintenance? I tried to order both of these through the Fine Pipes International website but after over a month of the owner failing to ship them I have given up and gotten a refund through PayPal.

MrHowell

Might Stick Around
Sep 6, 2022
West Virginia
I tried back in summer to get some from him even called and talked to him he told me to email him my address. And nothing. So I gave up.

Navy Chief

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2022
I tried back in summer to get some from him even called and talked to him he told me to email him my address. And nothing. So I gave up.
Went through the same thing, my original order was Dec 11th and I waited till after the holidays to contact him thinking that everybody is busy at that time of year and things happen. Talked to him after the holiday and he asked me the same thing, email him my address and he would make sure the order got right out... That was 2 weeks ago, I gave up and disputed the charge through PayPal.

He mentioned on the phone with me that he lost his EBay account due to complaints about orders not shipping, guessing if he keeps it up he will lose his PayPal account also.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
Well that's unfortunate. People always talk about using their Paragon wax, so like others here I'm in a similar boat. I'm highly skeptical of any website that isn't from a name-brand company, and while the price for wax is still up on his website, I sure am glad I didn't try checking out.

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Decatur polishing cloth is all ive ever used to polish my pipes. Of course a crusty estate might need more.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Well that's unfortunate. People always talk about using their Paragon wax, so like others here I'm in a similar boat. I'm highly skeptical of any website that isn't from a name-brand company, and while the price for wax is still up on his website, I sure am glad I didn't try checking out.

Paragon and Halcyon are highly respected pipe wax. I use both of them, absolutely amazing stuff, and they are a name brand, and Fine Pipes is a known site, and many pipe companies have been selling their wax too.

I purchased from Fine Pipes last year, no problems then, sad to hear there are issues now, hopefully whatever is going on, things will turn around.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Halcyon seems almost identical to Renaissance.

Unfortunately, there does not seemed to be a readily available alternative to Paragon which seems to dry harder and is longer lasting than Halcyon and Renaissance.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I use Mark Hoover's (La belle Epoque/Ibepen) Before and After Briar Balm

Clean outside of stummel thoroughly with liquid soap and electric toothbrush
Dry
Apply/rub in a tiny amount of B&A Briar Balm - goes a long way
Leave to soak in - couple of hours or overnight
Buff with soft cloth or MicroMesh pads, if you want a bit of shine

Disclaimer: NO commercial ties. Just a happy user

nolan613

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 21, 2019
Augusta, GA
Bought a can of Renaissance wax a number of years ago and will be something that I will never use up. Carnauba as mentioned in an earlier post is my "go to" wax when doing a full restoration.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon