PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Got a call about 0900 hrs from my step-mother saying my Dad was on the way to the ER in an ambulance. The medic told me the had to defibrillate him. When the DR finally came out he told us the LDA was completely occluded and he'll have to come back in a few weeks to have some others that were partially occluded taken care of. So he has stints and will have to be on blood thinners for at least a year. Was a close call today and scared the hell out of me. Make every effort you can to spend time with those you love; you never know when something could happen.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope your dad will be released from the hospital soon and be on the road to recovery.
In regards to the blood thinner medication a company called Roche can work with his doctor to qualify your dad for an INR meter. I just was able to get my mom qualified.
It is much easier taking the readings in your own home rather than always going to the doctor or blood lab weekly for testing.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I'm very glad to hear that your dad is feeling better and is recovering. You're absolutely right about spending time with loved ones. I have recently been given a chance to do just that (dad and brother just moved back to east cost after about ten years on left coast) and will take advantage of the opportunity.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
christian-7_zps7b1b88db.gif

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Prayers for your family, and glad that he is doing better....

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Glad to hear it was a close call and he is doin better now. As you said Grizz just spend as much time as you can with him and same with your boys. I hope he has a good recovery and you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Glad to hear your Dad is gonna pull through. I went through the same experience with my Dad back in march. It's kind of hard to believe that a man you have looked up to all your life is not invincible, at least that's the way I felt. He's doing good now though.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I confirm what MP31 said. My Marine Drill Instructor father had a heart attack a few years back.He gave new defination to hard charger. Seeing him in the hospital bed made me fell 10 years old again. Then the nurse came in to cath him. He said dont be scared sweet heart im just gifted. Knew he was ok then. Your father is in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.