PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
For some reason I no longer get a numeric alerts counter over the little "bell" icon in the upper right hand corner of the Forums page. I also only get 1 email at most every day with updates/alerts, I used to get several a day. Did I accidentally change a setting somewhere? I just rolled over to "Might Stick Around" status - does that change anything?

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For some reason I no longer get a numeric alerts counter over the little "bell" icon in the upper right hand corner of the Forums page. I also only get 1 email at most every day with updates/alerts, I used to get several a day. Did I accidentally change a setting somewhere? I just rolled over to "Might Stick Around" status - does that change anything?

Thanks
Usually I only get notifications if someone has quoted and/or liked what I've posted.

Aug 1, 2012

Thanks
Maybe you pissed some people off and you're not getting reactions. Happens to me when I post angry or too sarcastic.

Reactions: rmcnabb

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
The "Might Stick Around" should not have changed anything.

Click on your avatar to the left of the envelope/bell and choose Preferences.
Check what you want in the Content options and Receive a notification when someone… sections.

THAT was it! Thanks very much. I don't know what happened but it was all unchecked.

Your username makes me chuckle every time I see it. And I recognize those BDU's - I used to have the same tailor! (1983 - 87.)