PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I'm down pretty much to the last bit of my Sweet Coconut Twist and Brown Boogie. I have a bit of Rum Twist left and a bit of Black Irish Twist. I've searched everywhere I could possibly search and no one seems to have any in stock. I found some across the pond in England, but they can't ship tobacco overseas. :cry:
Does anyone know if stocks will be refilled or is this tobacco going the way of Dunhill and the dinosaurs?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm down pretty much to the last bit of my Sweet Coconut Twist and Brown Boogie. I have a bit of Rum Twist left and a bit of Black Irish Twist. I've searched everywhere I could possibly search and no one seems to have any in stock. I found some across the pond in England, but they can't ship tobacco overseas. :cry:
Does anyone know if stocks will be refilled or is this tobacco going the way of Dunhill and the dinosaurs?
There was a Gawith drop a few days ago.

Oct 7, 2016
I haven’t checked and have no need to, but a shipment should have left the UK in April. How much, if any, ropes would be in it is unknown to me. Not every shipment includes them. When a shipment arrives, actual distribution to the trade is controlled by the importer, Laudisi Distribution Group, and that includes timing.

Jun 23, 2019
I would say Gawith ropes and a couple of popular bulk blends are starting to move with Estoericas/Germains - Houdini acts once they hit retailers/online outlets.

Was lucky to catch some from Smoking Pipes during the last release but they were all sold out within 2/3 days.

Reactions: JOHN72
Oct 7, 2016
I would say Gawith ropes and a couple of popular bulk blends are starting to move with Estoericas/Germains - Houdini acts once they hit retailers/online outlets.

Was lucky to catch some from Smoking Pipes during the last release but they were all sold out within 2/3 days.
Ropes are labor intensive to make, and at least at one point during the most recent Covid lockdowns, Gawith was working with half production staff. There are only a few people trained to make ropes anyway.

leonidas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2013
....ropes and plugs are super cool......primarily for me because it harkens back to the early days of tobacco consumption.....but in realty, they are a pain to prepare (at least for me)....

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Seems this is the way it is in the US, anything with the Gawith and the Germaine name on it will get hoovered up in microseconds by either selfish hoarders, instagram pipe smokers, or people from other continents.

Reactions: paulfg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I used to prepare rope by hand, An hour watching a movie while my hands working the tobacco in a bowl in my lap made 100g smokeable. It was my pleasure, effort commensurate with a 300yr. old process that by its history gets my respect.

My mind is still in worship of the South American powerhouse ropes. My idea for decorating the walls is to hang a few coils here and there. Screw the pictures of the family, whose pictures if I did hang them should be photoshopped to add the flourishes needed to suggest the shady characters that I often feel they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.