PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
While perusing Alpascia.com today I noticed that they have a line of pipes under their own name. Anyone own one of their pipes? Love the aesthetic of their pipes and can imagine that they are of fine quality, but I was looking for a first hand account of their smoking characteristics.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I've eyed them from time to time but have never gotten to a purchase. They do look fine. :)
edit: here's a link: http://www.alpascia.com/group.asp?detail=14607

corvinvelegost

Might Stick Around
May 1, 2012
The man who runs the tobacco shop I enter the most frequently struck up conversation about recent purchases with me. He had just received his Al Pascia 321 and he adores it. In fact this is the first time i can recall him not complaining about breaking in a pipe the entire time I've known him. His only complaint was the size of the bowl being too large (50mm deep by 19mm wide...2" deep by 3/4" wide) for his tastes.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Whoah I missed all these responses. Thanks for the responses fellas. I have one in my sights that is really calling to me. It's not super expensive, but expensive enough for me to want to know from someone with experience how they smoke. It's not going to take much for me to say to my obsessive quality seeking side, see, I knew they were good pipes, BUY IT! and that comment from corvinvelegost is probably about enough. Thanks for the comments all.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Phil, you're post piqued my curiosity, and I dashed-off an email asking who made their house-brand pipes. Here's most of the reply:
Al Pascià pipes have been made since the shop opened in the year 1906. We are not [a] manufacturer and many many workshops and factor[ies] produced our brand name pipes over the years. Actually the biggest part of the production is made in Italy and another part [is] made in Denmark. Some series are totally hand made with the cooperation of Italian pipemakers; other (like the latest Classic Line) are a kind of joint venture, we select the briar in Mimmo Romeo['s] sawmill, as well as the top italian factory made ebonite mouthpieces. [And] the pipes designed by us are finished in different workshops. Boxes and leather socks are made in Italy too and we can grant a 100% Italian product.

Status
Not open for further replies.