PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Neat looking little pipe. I wonder why all these reverse calabash pipes have to be nose warmers though. Seems like it would be really easy to have multiple stem lengths.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I find myself packing my Curvy for nearly every trip. It smokes great, the stem/button is wonderful and it hangs just right. Whether I'm at a club meeting or shop, someone always wants to see and marvel at that pipe.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I wonder why all these reverse calabash pipes have to be nose warmers though. Seems like it would be really easy to have multiple stem lengths.
I suspect cost to produce and appearance are the primary reasons. If you want to go big these pipes will accommodate:

http://acmepipes.com/Double-Chamber.php

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My PAD has been dormant for quite a while, but these Curvys are definitely agitating it back to life. Not sure how long I can hold out on acquiring one of these.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Gubbels makes Big Ben and they make the Curvy for Al Pascià. The Curvy is also available with a filter, in Big Ben fashion.
http://stores.ebay.com/tabak-kargl/_i.html?_nkw=curvy&submit=Search&_sid=48318950

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
OK, I got bit by Curvy PAD. I read the foregoing, and last Thursday I pulled the trigger. Imagine my surprise when this morning, Monday, the doorbell rang ang the FedEx lady handed me this package from Italy. I've been staring at the pipe all day, but I wanted to reserve it for my evening smoke, so as soon as I finish these remarks, I'll load her up with some Fox & Hound and away we gp!

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
An hour and fifteen minutes later, and I was down to a fine grey ash. I gave the pipe half an hour to cool and removed the plug from the chamber and wiped it out, cleaned the draft hole on the mouthpiece and from the chamber to the bowl, and set the pipe to rest for a day or so. All in all an excellent smoke. Never having smoked a reverse calabash before, I was surprised at how cool the smoke was. OK, I've smoked a Meerschaum calabash throughout the years, and we all know that they deliver a pleasant, cool smoke, so this shouldn't be any different. The real surprise is in the name: reverse calabash, since there really isn't anything reverse about it; the chamber comes after the bowl. It wouldn't be possible to make it any other way. So the real question is why the nomenclature? What's "reverse" about it?

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
OK so how are you ordering these pipes from Al Pascia?
Live in US. All the way till the end, without CC info? Non Vat shipping. Hit Order button, and blank page continuing to load.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I like mine.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Bradley, I like yours too. They don't have the matt Curve in stock. If I can get an order through later that would be great!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Thanks for the pic Bradley! I've been wondering what they look like in the real world!
Now you have to post pictures of it after it gets dirty and caked and dinged to see how it holds up!

lvs13

Lurker
Jun 28, 2016
leach, did you get it figured out. I just tried it. I click Buy, checkout/edit, then Order and it takes me to Personal Info screen for entering address. I have ordered twice from them with zero problems, using a regular Visa. Note there will be a currency conversion fee also posted to your card, if your card doesn't include that. I think mine was $5.95. They will ship it next day and it will arrive in 1-day with FedEx shipping which is a flat $10 roughly.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I had to leave so I set my tablet down and when I came back I had the payment screen. I turned it off to avoid a "double" purchase or any errors. I really wanted a matt finish like Bradleys so the second thoughts have begun.
Ill pull it up later on the laptop.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Love that pattern. You'll enjoy it. I have one and it holds quite a bit of baccy. More than I thought it would

Status
Not open for further replies.