PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Apr 2, 2024
Eastern CT
Last known photo of the culprit, watch out if you see this man.
29192.png

The veritable tobacco bomb arrived yesterday, exuding powerful aromas that reminded me of tea with citrus. All jokes aside, AJL67 generously offered to send me a few samples of some Virginia blends. I was expecting an ounce or two. When I opened the package, I was blown away to find nearly a pound of tobacco, including two full sealed tins, along with a nifty little Meerschaum pipe and some pipe cleaners. Loot pictured below.
20240409_204700.jpg

There were a number of blends that I was curious to try after reading reviews of them, mostly Virginias and VAPers, with a few English blends and some others thrown in. I ended up starting with some Orlik Golden Slice. After just beginning to get used to Captain Black, I found it quite potent, but enjoyable. I got some sweetness out of it first, then a pleasant sourness, then back to sweet again, along with a few hints of a "barn" kind of flavor that reminds me of hay and silage, in a good way. I'm sure with practice I'd be able to get a lot more flavors out of it. Compared to the OTC blends I've been smoking, the nic hit was a doozy. I was buzzed halfway through the bowl and woozy by the end. I guess I'm a lightweight, lol.

Thanks again, AJL, for the bounteous tobacco haul. Looking forward to trying more of them.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Awesome! Have fun trying everything out. Hopefully there's a new favorite or five in there. I'm always stoked to see the generosity of the members of this forum. My secret Santa's have always gone above and beyond, and one member sent me like 8 oz of a tobacco I liked that he wasn't super into. Smoking a pipe is fun, but being a part of this might be just as fun.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Generosity on this forum knows no bounds. We have several incredibly kind people here and @AJL67 is definitely one of them.

Looks like you got a right proper intro to VA, if you can’t find something in that pile that sparks your interest, well you’re probably a burley guy…😁

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Do you have photos of him doing something…questionable? That is a bribe / payoff if I’ve ever seen one and I visited Chicago in the 60’s so I should know.
That was only 10 or 12 tobaccos if pictures were involved I’d just want copies for myself and my autobiography, for the record i went way to deep on the Robert Mc Red and I’m off it now 😂