PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
In my old house I installed an attic fan in a side window of the room. It could suck 1500 cubic feet per hour. The only problem with it was the fact that it would suck out all the heat in the room.

RodneyPierce

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2020
Marion, IA
None of these will work well for cigars as far as odor goes. But as said above, pipes put off a much less offensive odor, and much less smoke in general.

I've loved everything I've read about the rabbit air. I think that is the unit I would choose as well.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
None of these will work well for cigars as far as odor goes. But as said above, pipes put off a much less offensive odor, and much less smoke in general.

I've loved everything I've read about the rabbit air. I think that is the unit I would choose as well.

I'll have to fire up a cigar and see how it does. I think it should work pretty well though.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Below is the view over my left shoulder while sitting in my den smoking. It’s a simple window fan, maybe $50 on amazon. Pipes don’t generate a lot of smoke volume, at least compared to cigars. If I run the fan while I’m smoking and for a few minutes after, keep on top of ash/dottle, and vacuum once a week, odor is a complete non-issue. I usually smoke from 9 to 11 each night with the door open and my wife is around the corner in the living room. Just an inexpensive option to try first for those that have a window in a prospective indoor smoking spot.

View attachment 53794

Not an option for me here where in the middle of winter you can carry propane around in a pail. I do have a heated shop off the side of my garage. I don't necessarily want to trudge out to the garage in the wintertime though. Unless it's to cast boolits...

tomatamot

Part of the Furniture Now
May 26, 2020
EU
I do use a small air purifier ( dead silence ) next to my turntable. Just to keep my playing records free of statics. Works very well. :col:

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
In my old house I installed an attic fan in a side window of the room. It could suck 1500 cubic feet per hour. The only problem with it was the fact that it would suck out all the heat in the room.
This is my issue as well. I can move the air but it cools down fast when it is below zero outside. I have a space heater arriving today...will see how that works if I place it right next to me. Currently run 2 electric blankets in my chair and wear a few old pullovers.

Reactions: kcghost

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
We run a rabbit air 24hrs/day in our 800sf condo. It's pretty quiet most of the time, but you can definitely hear it when it spins up to deal with something it doesn't like. Kitchen smells, the occasional pipe, whatever the cats just did...

The other key to not having lingering smells from smoking indoors is decorating in the room you're smoking in. Avoid fabrics (upholstery, tapestry, curtains) that will trap smoke no matter what kind of filtration you're using.