PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeMarc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2017
South East
Never had much of strong after taste. Being a cigar smoker that after taste can linger for hours if not 24 even with brushing. I can smoke a pipe and within an hour have zero lingering tastes.

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
You can chew flake tobacco.
And ropes and twists.

I'm with @xrundog, cigars - especially in the beginning - were the only time i've had that experience leftover the next morning. I smoke so often now i guess it's my new normal. Don't notice it anymore, whether with pipes or cigars. Just get to the eggs and bacon and on my way out the door. ;)

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Well, if im not smoking a pipe, I have a dip in my lip, unless im sleeping......this is quite literal, about 15 hours a day I have Stokers or Copenhagen in my mouth.
So, im probably the LAST one to complain about aftertaste. :)
That said, I love the aftertaste of Latakia blends and my daily go to, MacB Virginia #1.
Sig, it doesn't sound as though you have an "after" to even get an aftertaste..... ha.

I've always been told that one of my ancestors, that was born in the 1890's, would wake up, place his feet on the floor and bite off a chew from a home twist and had one in his mouth until bed time.

They raised their own tobacco (burley and dark fired here in north/middle TN).

I don't think he worried much about after taste.