PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
That would be great if it was true. If there was a lively conversation it would be one thing. Instead, we get people dutifully (and boringly) just posting "RIP" before shuffling off to a more interesting thread where people are actually talking about something.

Rest in peace threads are a black hole of suck.
Best thing to do is make a list of threads that are unacceptable to you and submitting it to the Star Chamber.
Otherwise, some may take you for some kind of weirdo.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Rest in peace threads are a black hole of suck."

"Are you ever going to stop posting RIP threads?

Sorry you are offended chum, but you and your strange friend (who have only been members for five minutes) must really learn to ignore those threads that don't interest you. I had to learn that and I can tell you it's a damned good lesson!

As Georged and others have pointed out, this is the General Discussion part of the forum. You don't like? You don't visit....it really is that simple.

Now go away and suck your thumb whilst thinking about what cereal you might have for breakfast.

Goodnight all.....

Jay.

Dec 6, 2019
Dixieland
Absolutley, I should ignore these threads. I will amend my behavior immediately, but..

You gotta see though, how the guy who doesn't smoke, or discuss pipes, or tobacco... who comes up to the smoker's club cracker barrel on a daily basis, with a report of all the days deaths, internationally.. might be seen as the strange thumb sucking weirdo. Not that there's anything wrong that..

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Mawnansmiff has brought a diverse and engaging number of topics, both pipe and non-pipe related, to this board since well before I, and most in this thread, got here.

You gotta see though, how the guy who doesn't smoke, or discuss pipes, or tobacco...

He's tapped out more tobacco in dottle than many of you have bought or smoked. A cursory review of his postings would clearly show a body of pipe knowledge earnestly gathered in his time on the forum.

After health matters led him to quit smoking, he's chosen to maintain the years of friendships he's built here and to continue contributing, often as one of the few voices of reason amongst a regularly polarized freakshow.

Show a little respect and just skip over the things you find uninteresting.

1594704236375.jpeg#2

Dec 6, 2019
Dixieland
Mawnansmiff has brought a diverse and engaging number of topics, both pipe and non-pipe related, to this board since well before I, and most in this thread, got here.

He's tapped out more tobacco in dottle than many of you have bought or smoked. A cursory review of his postings would clearly show a body of pipe knowledge earnestly gathered in his time on the forum.

After health matters led him to quit smoking, he's chosen to maintain the years of friendships he's built here and to continue contributing, often as one of the few voices of reason amongst a regularly polarized freakshow.

Show a little respect and just skip over the things you find uninteresting.

View attachment 36272#2

you've made a fine point, Sir. I too have enjoyed many of his threads.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Personally I've always welcomed non-pipe/tobacco related threads. They're a nice diversion from the endless repetition of so much of the standard forum subject matter.

And I've noticed a consistent dichotomy over the years here, that such threads are simultaneously the most complained about but also often the most enjoyed and most participated in.

People are funny that way.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm still trying to place Kelly in the film 'From Dusk Til Dawn'. The only female character I can remember is Juliette Lewis ?

Regards,

Jay.?

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
This thread has presented many emotions for me. Amongst them...

Surprise...as I was unaware of her malady, but I’m sure most of us were.?
Sadness...for the family.?
Arousal...remembering her from my youth as she was a beauty.?
Irritated...by the callous judgment of some others for a member providing a simple death notice in the “General” forum. I mean this is general & if you don’t like it...scroll on.?
Amusement...reading the back and forth on the comments here within. I mean you lot are hilarious at times & I thank you for it. ?
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to get a little therapy today. See this RIP post was very useful. ?

RIP Kelly!?

Status
Not open for further replies.