PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
She had been battling breast cancer even before the death of her son. R.I.P.

Kelly-Preston.png

Reactions: jpmcwjr

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ever going to stop posting RIP threads??

People die. You don't have to announce it every day in a pipe tobacco forum and your fixation on doing so is bizarre.
Seriously?

This place is the 21st century version of an early 20th century general store / cracker barrel get together of people who are drawn by a common interest. Pipes.

It doesn't mean that's all they can---or ever did---talk about.

Hell, there fifteen or so SUB boards for that.

Me? I'm glad there are people like Jay who provide a heads-up from time to time regarding famous people who have checked out. Their lives often make for an interesting conversation.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Their lives often make for an interesting conversation.

That would be great if it was true. If there was a lively conversation it would be one thing. Instead, we get people dutifully (and boringly) just posting "RIP" before shuffling off to a more interesting thread where people are actually talking about something.

Rest in peace threads are a black hole of suck.

Dec 6, 2019
Dixieland
yes, lets just keep these threads on topic.. It's fine to talk about deaths of random people daily.. hell, you don't even have to be a smoker...but we cant have the "bombing squad" talking about Poutine, knobby canes or tofu.

Reactions: rushx9

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
yes, lets just keep these threads on topic.. It's fine to talk about deaths of random people daily.. hell, you don't even have to be a smoker...but we cant have the "bombing squad" talking about Poutine, knobby canes or tofu.
I have a vintage PMag decoder ring that assists with deciphering the difference between “General Discussion “, and “Trolling because whatever”.
I never figured there’d be a need for it, but hey...

Status
Not open for further replies.