PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
After I finish smoking a pipe, I place it inside this copper pyramid with crystals attached.

After sitting inside overnight, the energy vortex of the pyramid stabilizes and balances the harmonics of the pipe, and the crystals align the chakra of the pipe...

View attachment 101943
Cool! Can it "do" more pipes- say a dozen at once?
That'd be awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: chopper

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
When I lived in Sydney which is has very high humidity most of the year (similar to Florida) I had all sorts of problems with mould on leather shoes, jackets and other things but oddly enough, never any problem with pipes. Just smoked them and let them rest in the open - so air circulates around them.

Admittedly I didn't have a/c so I used an alternative technology to keep things cool - called opening the windows (did have fly screens which as well as keeping out flys are pretty effective against magpies, suphur crested cockatoos and fruit bats too).

JacksontheP

Lurker
Oct 9, 2021
I just wanted to give you guys an update! The paper bag approach doesn't seem to make much of a difference compared to keeping the pipes in the air conditioned room to rest. So far from what I can say is that if you don't have AC and it's muggy, the paper bag approach might be worth a shot. Also, if you have over moist tobacco you want to dry, leaving it in a bag for a short while might help out!

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
When I lived in Sydney which is has very high humidity most of the year (similar to Florida) I had all sorts of problems with mould on leather shoes, jackets and other things but oddly enough, never any problem with pipes. Just smoked them and let them rest in the open - so air circulates around them.

Admittedly I didn't have a/c so I used an alternative technology to keep things cool - called opening the windows (did have fly screens which as well as keeping out flys are pretty effective against magpies, suphur crested cockatoos and fruit bats too).
What part of Sydney did you live, on the bottom of Sydney Harbour?

For most of my first 40 years I lived in Sydney, from the Northern beaches to NW Sydney [Eastwood/Dundas]
Humidity typically was only a problem in the last month of summer.

You sure you're not confused with Brisbane/Gold Coast where it seems to be humid all summer?
Not that the locals notice. When asked if it's typically humid all summer they say "What humidity?".

• Haha
Reactions: timelord

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
What part of Sydney did you live, on the bottom of Sydney Harbour?

For most of my first 40 years I lived in Sydney, from the Northern beaches to NW Sydney [Eastwood/Dundas]
Humidity typically was only a problem in the last month of summer.

You sure you're not confused with Brisbane/Gold Coast where it seems to be humid all summer?
Not that the locals notice. When asked if it's typically humid all summer they say "What humidity?".
Northern Beaches. First couple of years in Queenscliff, just off the beach and after that in Manly at the harbour end of the peninsular between Manly Cove and Little Manly Cove. Not continuously humid for the whole summer but certainly for longer than one month.

Not quite on the bottom but one mistep in our backyard and I'd have been in the harbour.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Northern Beaches. First couple of years in Queenscliff, just off the beach and after that in Manly at the harbour end of the peninsular between Manly Cove and Little Manly Cove. Not continuously humid for the whole summer but certainly for longer than one month.

Not quite on the bottom but one mistep in our backyard and I'd have been in the harbour.
A good year the humidity came the start of February and last the month. A bad year, yes, could be two months.

Love Manly. My grandparents lived 'up the hill'. My great-aunt lived in Fairlight with views looking straight out the Heads.
Spent many holidays at the beach [and when the blue bottles swept in we'd move to the harbour beach]

Lived right above the South Steyne Surf Club for a year, across the road from the mega units right above the water. On stinking hot nights we'd sleep on the roof to catch the sea breeze.
Loved living there, lulled to sleep by the sound of the surf crashing on the rocks.

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
A good year the humidity came the start of February and last the month. A bad year, yes, could be two months.

Love Manly. My grandparents lived 'up the hill'. My great-aunt lived in Fairlight with views looking straight out the Heads.
Spent many holidays at the beach [and when the blue bottles swept in we'd move to the harbour beach]

Lived right above the South Steyne Surf Club for a year, across the road from the mega units right above the water. On stinking hot nights we'd sleep on the roof to catch the sea breeze.
Loved living there, lulled to sleep by the sound of the surf crashing on the rocks.
Agghhh You're making me homesick! :LOL:

When I first moved to Manly I thought "right, I'm never moving from here" - I was wrong. When I lived in Queenscliff if I wasn't working overseas or out of state I would work from home; so I got into the habit of a morning 'commute'. Down on to the beach; walk up to Manly SLSC, then along the Fairy Bower path to Shelley Beach. Stop their for a long black and then walk back home to start work for the day. As commutes go it was one of the more pleasant ones!

From the other unit I'd walk along Addison Rd to Fairy Bower and walk down to Queenscliff SLSC and them come back up via the Corso, stop at the harbour for a smoke and then home.

My best mate in Manly (they've now moved to Bellingen) was born up in Fairlight.

Happy Days!

Sadly we had to move because my wife is ill so we could be near her family. I was hoping after a couple of years she might have recovered so we could consider going back; I've now accepted that's not going to happen but I do really miss Australia. :(

Views of the Heads? This is from my (ex-)loungeroom

IMG_0274.jpegIMG_0451.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: chopper and Merton

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Agghhh You're making me homesick! :LOL:

When I first moved to Manly I thought "right, I'm never moving from here" - I was wrong. When I lived in Queenscliff if I wasn't working overseas or out of state I would work from home; so I got into the habit of a morning 'commute'. Down on to the beach; walk up to Manly SLSC, then along the Fairy Bower path to Shelley Beach. Stop their for a long black and then walk back home to start work for the day. As commutes go it was one of the more pleasant ones!

From the other unit I'd walk along Addison Rd to Fairy Bower and walk down to Queenscliff SLSC and them come back up via the Corso, stop at the harbour for a smoke and then home.

My best mate in Manly (they've now moved to Bellingen) was born up in Fairlight.

Happy Days!

Sadly we had to move because my wife is ill so we could be near her family. I was hoping after a couple of years she might have recovered so we could consider going back; I've now accepted that's not going to happen but I do really miss Australia. :(

Views of the Heads? This is from my (ex-)loungeroom

View attachment 102526View attachment 102527
Beautiful views.

Sorry to hear your wife is crook.
over 21 years ago I was diagnosed with a terminal vascular disease and given 3 years max. Where there's life there's always hope.
I've met 12 others with my rare disease and they all died within three years.

They followed doctors orders and drank the kool-aid.
I did my research. Would you believe that cannabis made the difference?

Switching to a pipe from the cigarettes also improved things for the better.

Hope you're able to find a treatment that helps your missus.

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Beautiful views.

Sorry to hear your wife is crook.
over 21 years ago I was diagnosed with a terminal vascular disease and given 3 years max. Where there's life there's always hope.
I've met 12 others with my rare disease and they all died within three years.

They followed doctors orders and drank the kool-aid.
I did my research. Would you believe that cannabis made the difference?

Switching to a pipe from the cigarettes also improved things for the better.

Hope you're able to find a treatment that helps your missus.
Glad you proved the doctors wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.