PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Thanks everyone! I really haven't been drinking a whole lot lately, and because of that, I'm better able to understand what each of you fine people are telling me. Drinking puts a haze over your thinking, and I'm beginning to realize how serious the illness can be, and some of the situations it can cause.

oldshacker

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2012
Hang in there and I for one understand where your coming from. Your a good person. Your dad is lucky.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Thanks again everyone. I'm really enjoying all of the insights here. While we still haven't been to a meeting together, we have been slowly bonding over the last week. I think what started it was the argument I had with my cousin. I ended up punching a wall hard enough to break my hand, and I was begging my dad to take me to the hospital. He wouldn't do it. I started yelling at him because he wouldn't take me. Me and my cousin had a talk, then he ended up taking me to the hospital. A lot of stuff came out, and it was a healing experience. I started feeling bad for yelling at my dad. I felt utterly horrible. I realized how tough it is for him to avoid a drink.
I was smoking my pipe in the garage today, and I suggested to my dad that we get our fishing licenses come January. We went to town for dinner, and on the way there, he was smoking a cigarette, and I was smoking a pipe. I was really enjoying the moment. I mentioned to him that he should give pipe smoking a try. I told him that there are pipe tobaccos made with the same tobaccos as cigarettes. Maybe in January I'll be able to talk him into taking up the pipe. It sure would be nice to have a cob with him while catching some large mouth bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.