Status
Not open for further replies.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Peretti Park Square.
This is not a review. exactly. I don't have quite as discerning a palate as some smokers here, as I can't quite tease out all the prune/ fig / chocolate /oak / brandy / dandelion / crabgrass / whathaveyou that others note, so I can't presume to write a review. So I will just relay my experience.
I have tried a number of vaper blends, mostly flakes, and I like most of them, but Park Square is unlike any others I've tried. I don't know whether it is only the quality of the virginia(s) , or whether there is some topping which tastes natural, but this blend smokes sweeter to me, not in an aromatic way, just in a damn-this-is-one-fine-smoke kind of way. Changes character wonderfully down the bowl. Never bites. Smooth. Not a flake, so a bowl doesn't last as long as usual for me, but that's o.k. Excellent as a change-up smoke.
Any love out there for this weed ? Remind you of anything else you've smoked ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 27, 2020
I just ordered a handful of 1oz Peretti tobaccos including Park Square because of your thread. Very much looking forward to them and hopefully will like one enough to order a pound in the future...

Reactions: ram74 and danimalia

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm such a burley buff, I'm still venturing into Orlik Golden Sliced and PS Luxury Navy Flake. I will say, I was totally impressed with Russ O.'s Fire Storm, and I smoked it right up, Va/Per with dark-fired.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I just ordered a handful of 1oz Peretti tobaccos including Park Square because of your thread. Very much looking forward to them and hopefully will like one enough to order a pound in the future...
I hope it wasn't through their online checkout portal...
checked your bank statement yet?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Said “pending”...is that site run by Nigerian scammers?
no I have heard they had some problems with hacking etc. I was going to place a phone order but I'm even slightly worried about that as I don't know if their problem was the card processing or the online portal.

• Wow
Reactions: chopper
Jan 27, 2020
no I have heard they had some problems with hacking etc. I was going to place a phone order but I'm even slightly worried about that as I don't know if their problem was the card processing or the online portal.

Well I hope they took care of it, I ordered on Sunday and it’s still pending as I said, nothing shipped yet.

larryspencer

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2009
West Texas
I hope it wasn't through their online checkout portal...
checked your bank statement yet?
I had a similar experience, ordered online several weeks ago, then recieved a notification from max that other charges were pending! Needless to say they were invalidating and a new card was sent.

• Sad
Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a good stash of Peretti. It always surprises me how many bowls I can get out of a baggie of bulk blend. Peretti is one of the grand old names in tobacconists, up there with Iwan Ries and Nat Sherman. Tell us how you like the various ones.

Reactions: Mark 0092
Jan 27, 2020
What a good stash of Peretti. It always surprises me how many bowls I can get out of a baggie of bulk blend. Peretti is one of the grand old names in tobacconists, up there with Iwan Ries and Nat Sherman. Tell us how you like the various ones.

I like Park Square the best although Cuban Mixture put me in a pleasant trance like state, sort of undecided on the Boston Flake, I feel like something was ghosting the pipe I tried it in. You are right, those 1oz bags go far! I hope to place a larger order soon but a bit worried over finances re: covid19 at the moment.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
When I order from Peretti, I just send them an email. That's it. They have my name and c.c.# on file. They send me an email letting me know the total charge. Never a receipt with breakout . Just a total. These people are not warm and fuzzy, but they make damn good blends.

Jun 23, 2019
When I order from Peretti, I just send them an email. That's it. They have my name and c.c.# on file. They send me an email letting me know the total charge. Never a receipt with breakout . Just a total. These people are not warm and fuzzy, but they make damn good blends.

Damn, have you checked your charges lately? We've (collectively) had some issues with Peretti over the last 12 months or so, and they have been very stubborn about it.

I've resorted to buying Pre-Paid Visa cards with them.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Peretti Park Square.
This is not a review. exactly. I don't have quite as discerning a palate as some smokers here, as I can't quite tease out all the prune/ fig / chocolate /oak / brandy / dandelion / crabgrass / whathaveyou that others note, so I can't presume to write a review. So I will just relay my experience.
I have tried a number of vaper blends, mostly flakes, and I like most of them, but Park Square is unlike any others I've tried. I don't know whether it is only the quality of the virginia(s) , or whether there is some topping which tastes natural, but this blend smokes sweeter to me, not in an aromatic way, just in a damn-this-is-one-fine-smoke kind of way. Changes character wonderfully down the bowl. Never bites. Smooth. Not a flake, so a bowl doesn't last as long as usual for me, but that's o.k. Excellent as a change-up smoke.
Any love out there for this weed ? Remind you of anything else you've smoked ?
I prefer reviews like this over the heavy nuance reviews. This type of review that talks about experience over details tells me more if I would like a blend then those "finer point" reviews ever have. So thanks.

Reactions: badbriar
Status
Not open for further replies.