PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Some may remember a few weeks ago if someone could make a pipe purchase overseas for me. Such a request takes a degree of trust, but when it's a member of the briar brotherhood, there's little risk. A couple of fine fellows volunteered to handle this purchase and shipment for me, but Tozert came forward to purchase the pipe. It just arrived today from the UK. It is a new, non-smoked (possibly the last on the planet) Nording Hunter's Woodcock, complete with canister, woodcock drawing, tamper made from briar and a 12 gauge shell. This is one pipe I'm NEVER letting go. And it's only another pipe smoking gentleman who would knock himself out to do this task. Bless you, Tozert!
img_1370-450x600.jpg
img_1371-600x455.jpg

Reactions: Lyle b

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful Pipe...

Hold on to that one, funny, one of my only true great artisan pipes is also an old Nording made by the man himself many years ago! Great pick-up~!

Dan

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Very nice set! I always liked the old time hunting aesthetic. I like my Carhartt's, and I'm guilty of owning a camo down hoodie. But there's something about the idea of trundling off to the woods in a tweed woolen shooting jacket, with a flat cap and a double-barrel break-action shotgun. Has a timeless feel.

Reactions: Lyle b

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a stunning pipe. My wife gave me a Nording zebra hunter for Christmas and I'm really proud of it, nicely crafted pipes.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Beautiful pipe!
Very nice set! I always liked the old time hunting aesthetic. I like my Carhartt's, and I'm guilty of owning a camo down hoodie. But there's something about the idea of trundling off to the woods in a tweed woolen shooting jacket, with a flat cap and a double-barrel break-action shotgun. Has a timeless feel.
Agreed. I appreciate the classic gentlemanly sporting / hunting aesthetic as well. It combines the rugged outdoors with a sense of elegance and refinement. I sometimes hunt in an old Woolrich wool shirt with a 75 year old side by side 16 gauge, though when I'm carrying that gun I'm hunting squirrels so I suppose it's not especially gentlemanly or refined :puffpipe:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, in basic shape and function, it's like a 106. But it's subtly streamlined and rounded at points that make it fitingly more organic. Add that to the unique stain and the remarkable stem recalling the bird, and this pipe is a genuine masterpiece. And it's MINE MINE HAHAHA.Thanks again, my British friend!
Did I neglect to mention it smokes like a dream?

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
That is Just Plain Class, Fred, both the guys **&** the pipe. Granted, yesah, you know me -- I love Nordings, but that one is just beautiful Reminds me a little of that bulldog I bought from you! LOVE that tamper, too. All in all the package reminds me of the times *I* spent to/in/from a duck blind my own self, flannel shirt, old hunting jacket, 12-ga pump (Granddad's old 16 double bbl was just too short & anemic for that.), high-brass duck loads rattling around in the pockets, miserable cold.... God, what a great time. :):) If I could still shoot..... :(:(
I really am envious. That is just plain-out gorgeous!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.