PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
The changes that companies, colleges, and society have made to accommodate Millennials is real and will only get worse as they move into positions of authority.
That's scary shit there my friend...

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I knew about this in the 90s, was in an job interview for Exxon, I asked the applicant Do you smoke Dope. My Senior Guy liked to swallowed his tonque, you can't ask that he yelled. I was a real short timer and said WHY, because you can't he said. After that I was MUM, it's sad but we are raising a Cower in the Cloakroom Gen. Wont get any better. Personal experience I had my Grandson bunk up at home 2 yrs into college every summer. Dad spent 50,000$ , Grandson quit and wanted to get a job at Kohls, told him to hit the road, the room was for a Grandson who was going to college. Their may be some good ones, but more bad ones in younger Gen. :puffy:

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I really didn't mean to hijack the OP's thread. :)
When we Gen-Xers were younger in the 80's and 90's, people said we were the worst generation, slackers, apathetic, etc., which was certainly true for many.
However, society didn't cut us any slack. We were told to grow up and get with the program. Corporations most certainly didn't modify company policies to accommodate us. We were expected to conform and perform.
And that's what makes the complaints about this generation different from previous generations. Colleges, companies and society are making real world changes to policies and procedures to accommodate Millennials expectations and sense of entitlement.
It's unprecedented, and ultimately detrimental. And it's only going to get worse.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Whether it's universities creating "safe spaces" with playdough and coloring books, or Fortune 500 companies like mine who did away with defined time off benefits because "the newer generation expects to be able to take time off when they want", our culture has lowered expectations to make Millennials feel comfortable.
They're all just being softened up for the day when the terminator robots are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.