PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nicely carved detail on that one. Sorry it had this defect. Good luck getting a replacement.

SteveW

Lurker
Oct 26, 2020
Toronto
Thank you for all the kind replies. It was a dark time for me, but the store called yesterday and they’re going to replace my pipe. Huzzah! I’m heading in today to pick it up. Won’t be the same pipe, but he has a selection of meerschaums I can choose from. I think they’re all lattice style, but at least now I know what to try and avoid. I wish I knew how it happened in the first place, so I could avoid it though...

I got it from the smokin cigar in Toronto. Great store and staff.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here's the old one. Did it crack while closing the case, or after, in the case. Or....

ED4-BCBE7-7720-4453-8-E16-3264-CD3-D6139.jpg

SteveW

Lurker
Oct 26, 2020
Toronto
Here's the old one. Did it crack while closing the case, or after, in the case. Or....

ED4-BCBE7-7720-4453-8-E16-3264-CD3-D6139.jpg
From the start it felt like the case was a bit tight and the clasp kept popping loose. I had wrapped a pipe cleaner around the case which somewhat solved the problem, but made putting the case in the pocket of my knit sweater a touch difficult.

On the fourth day the case felt like it closed properly and the clasp fit without a problem. Next time I opened the case I found that disaster.

In my opinion there felt like a slight ridge in the case along where the stem and bowl met.

Status
Not open for further replies.