PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe praise your folks a little too much, gush a little, over this thoughtful and personally suited gift. Embarrass them a little. When my folks were around, I hope I sometimes lay it on a little thick. It's worth it. If your family is a bit reserved, just mention it from time to time ... for years. You want to do it for them, but very much for yourself as well. Believe me.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tyrolean just refers to the region (Germany/Austria), which was once referred to as Tyrol.

Tirol is a region on the border of Austria and Italy. It was once all Austria's, but has a very distinct culture.

That pipe looks like it is engraved with 'Innsbruck' on it. Maybe as a souvenir of a trip? Hopefully it smokes well for you.

The green glass humidor looks very nice. The colour makes it pop.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Every time I've gotten a piece of green glassware for my sister, it's turned out to be from one of the other two sets of green glassware from the same era. Gave up on watching for those a while back.

Reactions: petes03

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I try to remember to thank my wife and sister for their various gift pipes and blends, and mention it when I'm smoking one of them, directly to my wife, or by email to my sister. I've just about polished off the Dunhill Durbar my sister sent last Christmas.

Reactions: petes03