PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I am going to share this with you as a homespun English blend I really enjoy but I will have to tell you up front it is a little bit unfair because it involves three tobaccos: two are readily available but one is not. However, I will give you enough information that I think that you can either make it yourself or come up with a version of your own similar enough to do the job.
I take two equal parts of Epiphany and Star of the East and mix them together. Taking that as 100%, I then take another portion equal to about 30% of that mass of the third tobacco and add it to the first to make the complete blend. I call the third my 'Balkan Mix' and the combination smells and tastes great and smokes wonderfully! Here is what I make the Balkan Mix out of:
One part each of Kensington, Odyssey, Renaissance, Mephisto, Charing Cross and Caravan. Currently these have been aged 8 years. To that I add 4 parts aged Nightcap, 6 parts aged 965 and 6 parts fresh MB Virginia #1. Then 8 parts well-aged Royal Yacht, 8 parts Gaes 4:1, to be topped off with 20 parts SPC Mississippi River, fresh.
I mix this very well to an even consistency then pack it very tightly (cram! cram! cram!) into glass jars as tight as it will go and let it sit a few months. My lab funnel works great for this.
The results individually or mixed with the first two is a very wonderful smoke with a complexity of flavor and aroma that is a delight to both tongue and nose. The moisture in the Miss. River helps balance out the dryness in some of the others and transport the flavors around evenly.
Now I realize that my mix may be a bit daunting to recreate, but if you know these tobaccos and their effects and have some of them or some others of a similar kind, I am sure you can make substitutions in tobacco or quantities that will arrive at a similar or maybe even a better result. Hope you enjoy it as I do!
Smoke well! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.