Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
My wife has been asking me to make her a pipe for weeks and I finally finished this one today with a little bamboo and ivory....This is REALLY small- bowl diameter 5/8 x 1 3/16 deep. 7" overall length- design is very loosely adapted from a Dunhill Lady's pipe from the 50's. Might have to do some variations of this in maybe a 5" length....

11b6z9k.jpg

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I love it I'm looking for something for my wife as well, she is a cigar smoker and i'm trying to convert her to the light side of pipe smoking but she is always complaining about how long it takes to smoke a pipe and how many times she needs to light it. But she does enjoy aromatic tobaccos quite a bit.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
zack, that's gorgeous and while I understand it's for your wife but the pipe itself, bowl size and look is right up my alley especially bamboo and ivory, big two thumbs up sir.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Fish, here's how things work at my house- Greta loves getting her picture taken with a pipe, loves the smell of guys smoking pipes,but will never actually smoke a pipe. At the West Coast Pipe Show in Nov. she will sell her pipe for whatever the market will bear and use the proceeds for shopping expedition involving shoes, a purse or possibly both...(smart woman!)You'll see more of this design- It's actually the kind of pipe I like- small, incredibly light, and a mix of a few different materials

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe Zack, I know Gretta will look awesome with it at the show, don't be surprised if you get multiple orders for others. You might want to make one that is 5.5 inches to be able to show off at the show.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Yep...The next one will be 5.5"... a little less bamboo and a little more stem...Should balance nicely...

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks Peck! Next one (assuming a perfect piece of briar) will be natural with black bamboo in a 5.5" length...Should look nice....

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I learned a long time ago- give her whatever she wants...and hope for the best... 8)
2md2k5s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.