36 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

May 18, 2015
Hi, looking for a slightly sweet crossblend. Something slightly sweeter than Frog Morton On the Town. Any recommendations? Thanks

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
Kramer's Blend for Cary Grant has some nice sweetness to it. I've actually not tried FMOTT, so I can't compare.

crazyhog

May 18, 2015
I would consider Frog Morton to be a Cross Blend between an Aro and English. Looking for something less smokey in flavor than FMOTT. I also found Boswells Northwoods to be very smokey, no sweetness at all.

agnosticpipe

Preferred Member
Nov 3, 2013
Go to Just For Him online and get some Shortcut to Mushrooms or Whiskey Biscuit Gravy. These are two of my favorite crossover blends.

skraps

Preferred Member
Sep 9, 2015
Go to Just For Him online and get some Shortcut to Mushrooms or Whiskey Biscuit Gravy. These are two of my favorite crossover blends.
I second the recommendation for Shortcut. I had not heard about Whiskey Biscuit Gravy until now... dammit, another one on the list.

deathmetal

Preferred Member
Jul 21, 2015
I would consider Frog Morton to be a Cross Blend between an Aro and English.
Gotcha. So any hybrid of two different types, but you seem to be looking for "sweet" + "English blend."

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe not what you're looking for, but 'tango recently sent me Peretti's Thanksgiving Dinner, faintly sweet and tobacco forward, a seasonal tobacco probably not available until fall. I like a tobacco-forward aro in rotation with my various non-aro blends, to set off the non-aros when they come around.

crazyhog

May 18, 2015

Gotcha. So any hybrid of two different types, but you seem to be looking for "sweet" + "English blend."
Exactly, a sweet English blend. If there us such a thing. I will be experimenting quite a few now. :) THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.