PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
A short background story:
My wife and I live in Germany and are moving to the US next month. In between our last living arrangements and moving we are living with her family, two parents and two younger brothers.
The oldest younger brother just finished his education. A few months ago I noticed he was interested in my pipes and he decided to try it, then to get one. I talked him into spending a bit more for a high end pipe for reasons you all understand.
We smoked together a few times per week for awhile and now he is on a 3 month long journey exploring before he starts his career and we won't see him again before we moves.
Well, my wife just came in and put the pipe on my desk. She talked with her brother and all he said was that he wanted me to have it, and that he mainly bought it to spend some more time with me.
I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit touched.
Here is the pipe: Savinelli vesuvio 636

http://www.pfeifen-huber.de/images/articles/8e8bf872c969c49e2403469b240db4ac_5.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That was very nice! She chose well.

Good luck on your move to the States. We lived in Landstuhl when I was a teenager.
8e8bf872c969c49e2403469b240db4ac_5.jpg

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Great pipe and wonderful memory! Maybe you could keep it for him for when he comes to visit and it can be a tradition for you guys to smoke a bowl to ward off the evil spirits? The Indians did it!

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Thank you for sharing. It's memories like this one that add to majesty of our hobby. Godspeed on your trip to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.