PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
Seems to me that Peretti has a blend for every taste. Whenever I place an order, I always request 2 or 3 free samples. They are the oldest tobacconist in the country, so I'm guessing they know how to source the best leaf.

They are a bit cold to deal with in my experience, and they never bother to send an itemized receipt. But I just send an email with my requirements and they ship it out fast, no people interaction necessary. Once in Boston around 15 years ago I was asking some questions of an employee who must've been in his late 70s, and the guy was so rude I damn near walked out, and I know many folks have had a similar experience. One prominent pipe vendor told me he thought they took pride in their rough behavior.

But damn they have some great blends.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I only ordered from them twice, and the blends I picked didn't stick. I spent a lot more time reading their blend descriptions than smoking their tobacco. The rave reviews kept me interested, however.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
Seems to me that Peretti has a blend for every taste. Whenever I place an order, I always request 2 or 3 free samples. They are the oldest tobacconist in the country, so I'm guessing they know how to source the best leaf.

They are a bit cold to deal with in my experience, and they never bother to send an itemized receipt. But I just send an email with my requirements and they ship it out fast, no people interaction necessary. Once in Boston around 15 years ago I was asking some questions of an employee who must've been in his late 70s, and the guy was so rude I damn near walked out, and I know many folks have had a similar experience. One prominent pipe vendor told me he thought they took pride in their rough behavior.

But damn they have some great blends.

I have ordered several times over the phone. They are definitely Get It and Go types, but I'm used to that so I don't take offense. To me, their blends have the best "mouth feel" of any I have smoked. I have yet to find a harsh blend. The only one that kind of hit me was Dundee, but it actually has great flavor, just a bit of nicotine reaction for me. Some people criticize Crown for having little flavor, but for my taste, it is enjoyable. I am learning that I tend to like Scottish blends and their Loch Lomond is a Go To for me. My youngest Dunhill Hungarian is dedicated to it because that pipe requires a slow sipping cadence and that is where I find Loch Lomond to shine. Slow and Easy.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
I'm picturing the "Soup Nazi" when you guys talk about Perettis! No tobacco for you! Next!

Mike S.
To me, it's a telephone encounter. No broken bones. Heck, I don't even get my feelings hurt. Like my Pops used to tell me, "Son, if an ass-chewing is all that comes of it, consider yourself lucky". Besides, I am a big Peretti fan. Others aren't. No worries. Live and Let Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.