SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Just a shout out to @solideogloria86 for a pretty brilliant idea in breaking up tins and selling broad sample sets of hard to get or highly sough after tobaccos.

I bought one of their sets even though I have every single one of the blends cellared. Of the 10 I bought, I had only tried 3 from my own stores. Now I have the opportunity to "sample" these blends without opening a whole tin. In a sense, I may have saved money if I end up not liking the samples and will be able to sell my intact tins to others who know like them. It's pretty brilliant and a Win-Win!

Thanks for the effort! puffy

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
Just a shout out to @solideogloria86 for a pretty brilliant idea in breaking up tins and selling broad sample sets of hard to get or highly sough after tobaccos.

I bought one of their sets even though I have every single one of the blends cellared. Of the 10 I bought, I had only tried 3 from my own stores. Now I have the opportunity to "sample" these blends without opening a whole tin. In a sense, I may have saved money if I end up not liking the samples and will be able to sell my intact tins to others who know like them. It's pretty brilliant and a Win-Win!

Thanks for the effort! puffy
How can I get in touch with them?? Great idea for sure!

Reactions: varrj
Aug 1, 2012
It's something that used to be done in the box pass which turned into a giant fustercluck more than once. The ability to try something one would not normally get a chance to and determine whether it was something to pursue was a nice side effect of the box pass.

I miss the old days (where's my old man emoji dammit!) puffy

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
If I am ever pressed to use pronouns at my job (which heaven help the day and the moron if that ever comes to fruition), I have already decided to use: Thee, Thine, and Ye. And then sit back and see their reaction. And become extremely “offended” if they balk. Bwahha!

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
I know I'd love to try some McClellands and Eso's. I live in Florida so finding Eso at my B&M isnt going to happen and I joined the pipe club right after McC's went OOB.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm like a parrot on a perch repeating my advice to new pipe smokers to sample small quantities of a lot of blends and not buy in quantity for a year or two. Same principle. Tour the inventory, find out what you like. Save what you don't like in a jar and try it in a year -- your tastes change.