PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Well mso489, it seems you are a well respected gent in these parts. Congrats to all those who managed to honor you and your fond memories with this wonderful gift. Every time you light up a pipe you'll have both past memories relived along with this recent one of such a kind gesture from these generous and thoughtful friends.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
You fellows who did this, I hope you understand how special that is to a Navy Man, I still have my UDT Chip, I Salute you Gentlemen, Above and Beyond. MSO you are a very deserving Man.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
This makes me so glad to be a member of this forum. There are so many great folks here, and many like mso and all you others that gave a great service to our country. Thanks to all involved with this project, and congrats to mso! :clap:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That is an awesome gesture by ashdigger and the others involved ! We have a little bit in common MSO. My first ship was the USS Tutulia ARG-4 which was stationed in the Saigon River at Nha Be. I was aboard her in 1970-1. She was also sold to Taiwan. We steamed her to Taiwan in 8-71 (IIRC) and flew home from there.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
What a cool gift. Your next stop, MSO, has to be getting yourself one of those mortars. They're great for home defense or clearing brush.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The thought of being on a minesweeper scares me to blindness. Those aquatic mines have, what, 250kg of explosives in them?
That is how people vanish in a pink mist.

Status
Not open for further replies.