PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I'm seriously planning to purchase another cob to be made into an unclearthur cobwarden. I like the look of the Great Dane Egg, but I've heard good thingds about the way the Great Dane Spool smokes. Any reccommendations?

Jul 12, 2011
Nice Cobs gents, here are a few of my Jake Hackert custom MM-Generals...GREAT smokers
MM-General Bowl w/Diamond shank and Tappered bit

jhackerttapmmgencop-150x112.jpg

MM-General Bowl w/Diamond shank and saddle bit

jhackertsaddlebitmmgencob-150x77.jpg

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Ya'll inspired me. I saw the cobwarden last night, took a stem I had and fit it to a MM Great Dane. I like my warden stems to be straighter as they fit me perfectly with my elbow on the table. I will break it in in this incarnation this afternoon.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I think some of the people who eschew cobs would change their minds if they had one with a decent stem to smoke. Mine is good and seasoned now, turning red around the top and a cleaner smoke is hard to find.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Ta Da! Of course, the o-ring from plumbing supply makes the design work! And it's always good to have a place to keep your spare o-rings!

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Never say "kant"! I am just working the angles.
It works for me because I prefer the smoke moving to the top of the mouth rather than the tongue.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
well i got a couple of new cobs today and one is a Buescher's its a cob bowl with a walnut shank and it cried out for the Uncles stem
1007.jpg

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Hellz to tha Yeah, Kennerth! I'm definitely going egg. I want a curved stem, though.
That is also one fine Arthurized Cob Paw Paw

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Barons, The next step for that when I made a curved on is to heat it up and wrap it over my leg. Worked well with an old Sterncrest sterling half bent head.

Jun 17, 2011
All this corncob talk and pics makes me wanna head out and get me one....... Next time I place and order, im gettin me a corncob

Status
Not open for further replies.