Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greysmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
In 1998, I bought a cheap but great smoking pipe from a long-past website: a diamond-shanked bent pot. The vulcanite stem is stamped with a “K” with a circle around it (I call the pipe “Circle K” after a convenience store chain). One side was stamped “Kensington,” and the other “Made in London / England.” It has the shape number, 810. I paid $12 for it. For sheer smoking bliss, Circle K is rivaled by very few in my collection, but I could never nail the maker down. Until now.

Steve Laug posts a lot of detail to his Reborn Pipes blog about the pipes he's working on, and a while back he included a Parker of London Pipe Catalogue showing a diamond shanked pot: shape number 810.

Circle K is a Parker.

Parker’s been around since 1923 and was established to move “failings” from Dunhill before it began to make its own pipes and merged with Hardcastle. Circle K has no fills that I can see, and the drilling appears true. For $12, you can’t beat it with a stick.

You can read Steve’s post here: A Parker of London Pipe Catalogue - https://rebornpipes.com/2020/01/09/a-parker-of-london-pipe-catalogue/

IMG_7451.jpg