PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I can never resist a stubby Rhodie. Earlier this year I found a Chris Morgan black sandblast and this week I stumbled across this little beauty. It’s a Larrysson and the dimensions almost perfectly mimic the Morgan to make a nice pair. The Pipe Gods have smiled on me.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
Those are some great looking pipes. I was just in Gloucester in early Feb. for a week of meetings. Hadn't been out that way since 2001 or so when I was living in Colchester. G'shire is growing, at least the traffic is.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've never been a big fan of the stubby pipes, but now that I've gotten a Sav 320 I'm coming around, although its not as stubby as your pipes. Those are really great looking pipes! I like the fact that they're stubby rhodesians, and the finish on them is wonderful. Enjoy, and try not to burn your nose. :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My home-state carver Jerry Perry had a stubby pot in mind for me two years ago at the state fair (one of the only places he sells his pipes) and I shopped his whole exhibit but finally bought it -- my only stubby but a great little pipe. The perfect pocket pipe, thick stem and shank, but sufficient bowl. I really like these Rhodies.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I fish a lot during the warm months and those little Rhodies are great shirt pocket pipes. Nothing sticks out to catch on things or for things to catch on. These two are the perfect size and still have good chamber size.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I just took delivery of this Larrysson pipe Tuesday. I wondered why no one picked up the Rhodesian you just picked up. I'll tell you this much: In person my pipe is MUCH better than I would have ever imagined. It's darn near perfect in every way.

timthumb.php

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipes, very nice shaping. I love a goo
Great looking pipes. I love a good Rhody, mine smoke flakes exceptionally well. I hope yours smoke great for you, congrats on your newest acquisitions to your collection.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, those two really compliment each other! I don't know much about Morgan pipes, but a Larryson has been on my list for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.