PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Hello every Novice here,
So ive been waiting to do a few reviews from a newbs point of view. And now have a few blends to try.

First up id like to thank CobGuy for getting me shipped out on my maiden voyage with a few tobaccos. Two were house blends that i have found to be excellent all day smokes for me. I have two cobs dedicated to those blends now. One is a blend of H&H Anniversary cake and Classic Burley cake, this one had a nice sweeter scent and had just the right bit of a heat note from the perique.
The next was blend of Lanes 1Q and Carter Hall, this one was also very nice scent wise and taste. I love that i could puff puff and away i go on both of these and found no bite or tongue burn. I honestly wanted to end my day smoking both of these.
He also threw in a few left over baccys of Louisiana red and Stogie. I found these went very well with the bbq i was eating and the rum i was drinking on Mon. Hmmm dreaming of when i get home to enjoy more...lol
Ok so mostly this review was more of a compliment to my follow cobber. Thank you again Cobguy.

My next and more detailed review will be a "Novice Review" of Hearth and Home WhiteKnight. I am going to give this a few smokes so if anyone is interested keep an eye out, because this is my first Balken styled tobacco ever. I hope i can give it justice with a fair and honest review.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Nice score novicemaker!
Good brief desciptions, but I would be very interested in a reading your thoughts of all those tobaccos through a detailed, one-by-one description.
Check out this thread and attached article for tips on reviewing tobaccos:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/how-i-write-my-tobacco-reviews
I look forward to more of your reviews!

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Thanks for the awesome comment dottie. So far after two bowls of WhiteKnight im starting to pick up how best to smoke it in my little taster pipe. It has a pinky amount of space. I picked up a few so i could try a couple blends without having to worry about ghosting. i am making some notes about my first thoughts of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.