PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Not expecting much from this. I love good, strong cigars and this doesn't smell too great in the jar. Still, I have been pleasantly surprised a couple times, so there's some hope.
Aaand my pipe is haunted. There's a Latakian Ghost hiding somewhere in that cob so I empty the bowl, and grab an unsmoked mini MM.
Odd. The new pipe is still giving me a teensy floral flavor. But, most of the taste is a cross between a bland tobaccocand, in the snork, some light mulling spice. The latter has the potential to be enjoyable.
Maybe I poisoned myself against this, maybe it needs some more age, maybe it just isn't for me. Whatever the case, not enjoying this smoke.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
My personal experience is that C&D Cigar Leaf is intended as a mixing condiment. I just don't think there can be an expectation of amazing complex flavor from this.
Add it to a blend with some Burley & VA in it and I suspect you will notice a major change in character.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
The two experiences might not mix well, could also be the leaf. I won't give up on the concept, but I won't seek out cigar-like blends either.

Status
Not open for further replies.