PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Introducing a new take on a old classic!

s-l1600 (44).jpg

This Canadian is bent. Sitting on a level surface, the end of the shank is a good half-inch off level. So, is it made that way, or pipe abuse? Are pipes susceptible to Peyronie's Disease?

The pipe is called a 'Manitoban':

s-l1600 (41).jpg

That's the only identifier other than:

s-l1600 (43).jpg

... which is, of course, a GBD number. I can't find 'Manitoban' as a sub-line or second. Thoughts, anyone?

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
If it had bent the other way, it woulda been a Baby Churchwarden. I'm just glad it warped into a nice shape.
Yeah, it's special. You have a one-of-a-kind pipe. And it's presumably from Manitoba, home of the world's largest tobacco pipe.

World's Largest Tobacco Pipe (Saint-Claude, Manitoba)
Was constructed in commemoration of early settlers who came from Saint-Claude, France, where the main industry was the manufacture of smoking pipes. This smoking pipe is 19 feet long and 5 feet high, and weighs just over 400 pounds.

XMBSTCpipe_anderson.jpg

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Yeah, it's special. You have a one-of-a-kind pipe. And it's presumably from Manitoba, home of the world's largest tobacco pipe.

World's Largest Tobacco Pipe (Saint-Claude, Manitoba)
Was constructed in commemoration of early settlers who came from Saint-Claude, France, where the main industry was the manufacture of smoking pipes. This smoking pipe is 19 feet long and 5 feet high, and weighs just over 400 pounds.

View attachment 261481
Finally, a pipe that's big enough for @Chasing Embers.

H

HRPufnstuf

I found images online of GBD Canadian collection which included a Liverpool, a Lumberman (262) and what appears to be a rusticated Lovat. You can see a definite bow in the stems akin to your own.

1700023034468.png

Last edited by a moderator: