PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Really nice. I have a smooth Oom Paul meer, waiting for a figural that will arrive any day and was thinking two is enough for me to color. Now I may need to add a lattice as well, you can’t see one so nice and not want to add something similar to the wish list. Congratulations on the new meer!

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Go you have a "before" and "after" pic of the coloring progress, by chance?

View attachment 29928

TOBACCO: Man I smoke everything in mine, back to back, with little or no ghosts. I don't even think about it anymore. Be sure to wash the meerschaum dust out before you start. it gets weird. Enjoy!

PROGRESSION: I went back to find progression pics, but it's not very consistent. I must have deleted earlier ones. It started new like all of the others. I smoked it maybe 30 times before the meerschaum started to split at the shank. I bought a silver band and and did my best. After I finally put on the band in March, I've mostly smoked this 3-5 times a day every day since. I mostly smoke vaper, vabur, and burley flakes, although I smoke the occasional lats, aros and granny panties, all in this pipe. Nothing goopy at all, and I tend to smoke a little too hot. I'm sure it could color much faster with black cavendish. Black Frigate seems to jump the color quicker, but it might be my imagination.

April 19th, 2020 (guessing maybe 300 smokes)
2020-04-19 13.01.20.jpg

May 16, 2020 (maybe 450 smokes?)
2020-05-16 07.55.46.png

Reactions: jaytex1969

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Only two smokes in and it's already taking on an "off white" hue, to my eye.

I put it on a white business card for contrast.

1589773429225.png

The first smoke was about 2/3 full of Dark Bird's Eye and the 2nd smoke was 90% full of the same.

1589773495046.png

I'm handling it by the stem as much as I can for now. I know there's some debate whether that matters. I figure there's plenty of time to put my greasy paws all over it in the future. It's such a light and easy clencher that it's no real inconvenience.

1589773386082.png

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Very nice solid pipe. Love the unusual shape and green stem. If it's signed Tekin, it was carved by Tekin. I've never seen any evidence of mastercarved pipes bearing one signature, but being by another carver. That creamy color says to me it's made of very high-quality block, dipped in high-quality wax.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Very nice solid pipe. Love the unusual shape and green stem. If it's signed Tekin, it was carved by Tekin. I've never seen any evidence of mastercarved pipes bearing one signature, but being by another carver. That creamy color says to me it's made of very high-quality block, dipped in high-quality wax.
Must have just been an error in the text of the listing. ?

that's a great looking pipe.. now I'm regretting not pulling the trigger on it!

Slowpony

Might Stick Around
Sep 9, 2019
NC
I think that lattice will darken pretty interestingly. Probably first in the holes then outside last. Should be cool!

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Really attractive with the dash of color. Meer gives such clarity on blends. Hope the delivery is snappy; you'll enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.