PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I received my new Peterson's 2018 Christmas Pipe today. I've smoked it twice (back to back) and it smokes GREAT. It is drilled PERFECTLY and the finish is FANTASTIC. The Fishtail bit is comfortable and it just hangs like all of my 03's. It's a great pipe. I can certainly see why Peterson has haters.
:nana:

Jan 8, 2013
8O You should send it back and demand they send you something that's drilled wrong, gurgles, smokes hot, and has a loose stem. A major flaw would also be desirable.

tenfiver

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
Those '18 Xmas pipes sure are handsome. I dropped a hint to the missus that there's a new Pete in town that would be a welcome addition to my rack come Christmas morning.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Thanks for that Ash. The first thread I ever posted here was "I've never had a flawed Pete" or words to that effect.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Drilled perfectly eh? Well, I guess even Peterson's hits one every now and then. :nana:

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Like many things on the internet, I think the whole 'problem Peterson' thing is a little overblown. I'm sure there are some misses out there, but I have two (a 1950 and a 2015) and they both work excellently.
Congrats on your new pipe!

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Yeah I'm loving my new Christmas Pete. Of all the new and used Pete's I've ever had I only had 1 drilled off center and maybe a couple that had more fills than I would prefer. They all smoke great though and all cost me less than $100 a piece so I'm a bonafide Pete fanatic.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Good news, Mike Stanley.
My x105 Xmas pipe is smoking like a champ as well. The copper sets these pipes off nicely. Am thinking about adding another before they are all gone.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Don't have a huge hankering to buy another pipe, but will probably pick up a Kinsale version of the Sherlock Holmes series squire as a combined 65th birthday/retirement gift next year as I get in bulldog moods and when I am don't have enough of them. If that one comes through without flaws, then I'll be batting 1000% in terms of purchasing Petersons in my life which were without flaws. That would be only about 15 or 16 of them in total however, spanning age of manufacture from the 70's through the present.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I love these new Pete Christmas pipes! I'd like to buy one, but my budget is absolutely shot. Just bought an engagement ring for (soon-to-be) Mrs. Lawdawg. Yeah, diamonds have no intrinsic value and a million other reasons not to buy one, but they are the social norm so I went ahead and got her a nice one. Wish me luck, fellas.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Ash, I’m sorry to hear that you had such a great experience with your pipe. I really hate when that happens.
Btw, I love my Peterson Christmas green and red pipe. It is dedicated to Aromatic blends and it is horribly perfect just like yours.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Good luck LawDawg! In marriage, luck is helpful in getting it right the first time. I wish this on you. The alternative is not so much fun. I think that Penguins have the right idea with the simple stone but tradition is tradition.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It was exceptionally cruel to title this post in such a manner...leading one to believe it would satiate the need for decrying Peterson quality control.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I would love a Peterson... One day. But the love hate relationship the piping world has makes one wary. Sorta like new Dunhills vs Old, Pipes made in the 50's vs those before and after. . Etc.

Dec 24, 2012
I want a new Pete. Been looking. I think the secret to getting a good one is just to stay away from the cheap ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.