PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WildTurkeySurprise

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2020
Mt Juliet, TN
A Moment In Time

Y’all, my pipe hit the spot tonight. A number of events have given me pause, and I feel compelled briefly to describe them here, for whatever reason. I live just outside Nashville TN, and snow is currently falling once again atop a couple inches of ice/snow from earlier this week. I am contentedly hunkered down. Just now I stood on my front porch with my first, and so far only, ‘I know exactly what I want and it is this’ pipe, a Peterson System Ebony 306, filled with the now defunct McClelland 2050. My wife filed for divorce a few months back. My mom is slipping ever further into dementia, and she turned 65 today. We, being me, with my 4yo and 6yo son and daughter, FaceTimed her and sang happy birthday. She had forgotten it was her birthday, but she was noticeably thrilled to hear us sing to her.
Tonight I stand here on my front porch, watching the snow fall. We all know winter weather is temporary. It is fleeting, but we also know that when it is here, it dictates the world around us...a truism for things that pop up elsewhere in life. Meanwhile, my pipe is fantastic, and it is filled with a tobacco I find perfect for the moment...warm, flavorful, comforting, but it too is a concoction not long for this world. My mom, and my wife, are each on their way out. In spite of it all, those 30 or so minutes, pipe in hand, have helped me step to the side for a bit and see that it is going to be ok. Ultimately, my pipe gives me a moment to stop, a moment to savor, a moment to recognize life’s patterns, and to plan when possible, and I’m glad to have it. My hope for each of you is that your pipe time can be as therapeutic as mine is for me. Cheers!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Your two kids and your pipe are blessings. And life is a bumpy road. I was a widower, and then I remarried, and then my wife was in rehab after hip surgery revisions. I could come home and smoke my pipe on the porch and regroup after a day with her at rehab, and still get up early and get back to be with her.

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Northern rivers nsw Australia
A Moment In Time

Y’all, my pipe hit the spot tonight. A number of events have given me pause, and I feel compelled briefly to describe them here, for whatever reason. I live just outside Nashville TN, and snow is currently falling once again atop a couple inches of ice/snow from earlier this week. I am contentedly hunkered down. Just now I stood on my front porch with my first, and so far only, ‘I know exactly what I want and it is this’ pipe, a Peterson System Ebony 306, filled with the now defunct McClelland 2050. My wife filed for divorce a few months back. My mom is slipping ever further into dementia, and she turned 65 today. We, being me, with my 4yo and 6yo son and daughter, FaceTimed her and sang happy birthday. She had forgotten it was her birthday, but she was noticeably thrilled to hear us sing to her.
Tonight I stand here on my front porch, watching the snow fall. We all know winter weather is temporary. It is fleeting, but we also know that when it is here, it dictates the world around us...a truism for things that pop up elsewhere in life. Meanwhile, my pipe is fantastic, and it is filled with a tobacco I find perfect for the moment...warm, flavorful, comforting, but it too is a concoction not long for this world. My mom, and my wife, are each on their way out. In spite of it all, those 30 or so minutes, pipe in hand, have helped me step to the side for a bit and see that it is going to be ok. Ultimately, my pipe gives me a moment to stop, a moment to savor, a moment to recognize life’s patterns, and to plan when possible, and I’m glad to have it. My hope for each of you is that your pipe time can be as therapeutic as mine is for me. Cheers!
Thankyou

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Stay strong my friend. Life's struggles are fleeting, and you'll get through. Glad you are able to enjoy some moments of peace during such a trying time. That's usually a good sign that people are handling things the best they can. Self care is important in times of difficulty, and unfortunately it is often overlooked.

Hang in there.