PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
If you've been 'lurking' around this forum wondering if it's for you; it is, trust me. The people here are honest, and generous. Today I received a pipe someone sent me. I don't know if he would want to be mentioned, so I won't say who it was. It's not the first time I've seen this kind of kindness here. It's a great place to escape the tunnel vision of CNN or Fox News that we all watch. It's a place of knowledge, respect, and kindness. Introduce yourself. I don't usually speak for others, but I'm sure everyone here would love to get to know you. You're keeping an aged old tradition alive. The lifers here helped me a lot. No question was stupid. And for the love of God,.......avoid Youtube unless you love tongue bite and dumb advice from a guy who takes a deep breath 20 seconds after the video starts and says ummm after every sentence.

jediofthecode

Lurker
Jan 4, 2023
France
And for the love of God,.......avoid Youtube unless you love tongue bite and dumb advice from a guy who takes a deep breath 20 seconds after the video starts and says ummm after every sentence.
Amen! I learned more on this forum in an hour than I did watching youtube for 5 hours. There's a lot of bad advice on youtube(except of course the videos made by this forum)

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I think that long-time lurkers are the people that want the information, but have no desire to be part to the social aspect here. I respect that, and to each their own. Perhaps they are antisocial people to begin with, or just don't have the time to stay and chat. Get the info they want, and get out.

I remember that for the first couple of years of being on here, I would go to pipe shows and tell everyone, “I’m Cosmic from the PM Forum.” They’d just look at me like ‘so what?’

Now, when I go to pipe shows, people ask me, “aren’t you Cosmic from PM Forums?” And, I’m like, “Hell no, what the fuck is that?” Ha ha

It's the title you get when you first join. Then you get Starting to get obsessed, Can't leave, Part of the future, then Lifer. Some received special titles.
Lurkers are really people who watch the forums without signing up. We used to have 100’s of folks who watched without participating.
Kevin was having a bit of fun by labeling new members as lurkers. But, once you’ve joined, technically, you are no longer a lurker.