PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
Smoke it! As the saying goes, you only live once... By the time you’re ready to smoke it, you might not be able for some reason... Just don’t burn the rim, although a little burning can add character.

The only reason not to smoke it would be if it’s bought as an investment to re-sell, but that isn’t my style, buy for love, not money.

Reactions: bnichols23

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
This reminds me of people that own Rolex watches and don't wear them or classic cars and they don't drive them.
I suppose some people get their kicks out of "owning" something that isn't used for it's intended purpose but that's not for me. I appreciate something if it does what it's meant to do, not if it looks good but fails in the intended purpose department.

I smoke all my pipes because if they don't smoke as they should, they are not worth anything to me.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I have owned 1 pipe that was so nice (and a little bit delicate looking) I couldn't bring myself to smoke it, then one day I decided since I wasn't ever going to smoke it, I might as well sell it and maybe that person would smoke it.
I decided after that, I won't own another pipe that I can't smoke.
A pipe is a tool, a means to an end and if it was built for anything other than smoking, then it's just another damn knick-knack.