A Little Something To Make The Pipe Life Easier.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some things have frills in my house, but pipe cleaners are not among them. I keep them in the plastic sleeves, and use only a few a week.

But love the orginality of the above.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Do you not use pipe cleaners anymore, or you just don't buy them? I'm intrigued.

I ran out and never bought more. I wipe out the chamber with a paper towel after each smoke.. after a few smokes I rinse with warm water. I have a soft metal bristle brush that I clean the shanks with occasionally before the warm water rinse. They stay pretty clean this way.. as long as you dont let a lot of gunk build up. I usually dry the pipes I wash overnight.. but I have smoked em pretty much right away. Not that pipe cleaners are an expensive thing, it's just less pipe related clutter this way.

It may be that you shouldn't wash corn cobs this way. I do with all but one of mine.. just because theyre so cheap, If it messes them up I'll just spend the 10 bucks to replace them. The one I don't wash is one of my favorite pipes, and I just don't want to risk it.. still no pipe cleaners on that one though, I just use the metal brush on the shank, wash the stem, and ream the chamber with sand paper as needed.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I
I ran out and never bought more. I wipe out the chamber with a paper towel after each smoke.. after a few smokes I rinse with warm water. I have a soft metal bristle brush that I clean the shanks with occasionally before the warm water rinse. They stay pretty clean this way.. as long as you dont let a lot of gunk build up. I usually dry the pipes I wash overnight.. but I have smoked em pretty much right away. Not that pipe cleaners are an expensive thing, it's just less pipe related clutter this way.

It may be that you shouldn't wash corn cobs this way. I do with all but one of mine.. just because theyre so cheap, If it messes them up I'll just spend the 10 bucks to replace them. The one I don't wash is one of my favorite pipes, and I just don't want to risk it.. still no pipe cleaners on that one though, I just use the metal brush on the shank, wash the stem, and ream the chamber with sand paper as needed.
Interesting. It's always cool to find someone doing something different that works. Thanks for elaborating!

Paul lec

Lifer
May 28, 2020
Among the clutter on my desk.

Attachments

• C27D6CE6-9564-4909-90ED-F9DD7F727FD3.jpeg
    C27D6CE6-9564-4909-90ED-F9DD7F727FD3.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: BROBS

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
YEAH AND THEN THEY GET THEM ALL IN THE CORNERS OF THE ROOM WITH CATHAIRS ALL OVER THEM AND SHIT

so I keep them in a cupboard in the plastic bag they come in. easy enough. ;)
Damn cats! My brother built a flow hood for doing culture work on oyster mushrooms, and the cat used his 400 dollar hepa filter as a scratch pad. He installed doors on the front after the replacement filter went in.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Damn cats! My brother built a flow hood for doing culture work on oyster mushrooms, and the cat used his 400 dollar hepa filter as a scratch pad. He installed doors on the front after the replacement filter went in.
Yeah everything has to be put away at our place otherwise it will be messed up or gone. haha