PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My instances of mouth burn (I guess that includes tongue bite) have been with aromatics. I can smoke big sturdy full strength blends of burley and/or Virginia, rope and plug, etc. It's just just the flavoring that gets me. I have some good aromatics that I enjoy, that I think of as tobacco forward, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic for one example of about a dozen, and I do fine with these. One holiday blend with cinnamon and such was like chemical warfare on my mouth. So nearly all non-aros work for me, and aromatics selectively. I think everyone has to work this out for themselves and their own body chemistry.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
I don't smoke a ton of aro's but I do enjoy Mac Baren's Vanilla Flake. Never had any tongue bite from it. I think they also make a ribbon cut.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I, like a lot of folks here, started off smoking Aeros in the beginning. I knew there was much more out there so I moved on to MacBarens tobaccos. I moved on to various straight Virginias from there. Let’s just say the first six months were hell on my tongue before I figured out this pipe smoking thing. Being an avid reader sure helped. I read everything I could and realized Aeros and macBarens nuke your tongue. And I learned that I had to puff those Virginias slowly to keep from incenerating my mouth. You live, you learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.