Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Fred Brown is a retired Senior Writer for The Knoxville News-Sentinel. He has been a journalist for more than 45 years, and a life-time pipe smoker.
His talents really show through in the brief, and extremely entertaining article:
http://pipesmagazine.com/smokehouse/pipe-smoking/jackknife-plug-from-blending-gods/

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Wow... I really enjoyed that... I can see Maude now with cob in mouth,knife in hand doing battle with that rattler!! Just great!

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Awesome. Just awesome. Makes me understand the spirit behind Jackknife Plug, even if it's nothing like the tobaccos I like.
Simon

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
It was a wonderful story. I like hearing about the old days and the old ways. My grandparents, Raymond and Lorena Grissom, lived a simple life in the hills of central Mississippi. A small house with a fireplace and an outhouse. Christmas at their house made me appreciate central heat and indoor plumbing, but I will never forget the cold nights and a bed full of handmade quilts and the long trips to the outhouse. Love those memories. My grandfather smoked Prince Albert cigarettes, which had a unique aroma to me back then.

Thanks for the story, really enjoyed it.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Great story! Reminds me of the scene with the cob-smoking woman in The Outlaw Josey Wales.
I recently picked up 3 tins of Jack Knife Plug...haven't tried it yet, but very much looking forward to it!

:puffy:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Maude sounds a lot like my great aunt Ollie. Smoked good old Plow Boy all her life. Raised a huge family and lived to be 97.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
That's back when women only bathed once a month....real women who smoked, shot guns, whipped young uns, and spit out babies with no Epidural for pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.