PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
This is the second Medico pipe that I've found that is interesting. I posted few months ago about a Medico Crest Artisan pipe I found interesting and rather non-Medico like, but recently I came up with this little gem. Just says Medico, Real Briar, and has an F on the stem which I figure stands for Frank. I have no idea how old it is, and It's only about 4.5 in. long so it's a bit of a nose warmer, but still has a decent sized bowl. The partial rustication on the pipe strikes me as rather Gothic looking, or something like that. I don't really go looking for these pipes, I just come across them, and if they're cheap I pick it up. Anyway, nice little smoker.

fullsizeoutput_2a99.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2a96.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2a9b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2a97.jpeg

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
This is the second Medico pipe that I've found that is interesting. I posted few months ago about a Medico Crest Artisan pipe I found interesting and rather non-Medico like, but recently I came up with this little gem. Just says Medico, Real Briar, and has an F on the stem which I figure stands for Frank. I have no idea how old it is, and It's only about 4.5 in. long so it's a bit of a nose warmer, but still has a decent sized bowl. The partial rustication on the pipe strikes me as rather Gothic looking, or something like that. I don't really go looking for these pipes, I just come across them, and if they're cheap I pick it up. Anyway, nice little smoker.

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702
View attachment 54703
View attachment 54704
You did a fine job.

Reactions: agnosticpipe

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702
View attachment 54703
View attachment 54704
Looks great!

What method/how do you clean out the rustication like this? I have a rusticated pipe that I tried to wax with Halcyon that is all dirty in a similar manner, cant figure out how to clean it out.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Looks great!

What method/how do you clean out the rustication like this? I have a rusticated pipe that I tried to wax with Halcyon that is all dirty in a similar manner, cant figure out how to clean it out.
I soak the bowl in alcohol for maybe 30-45 min. then take a stiff brush and scrub it. It will look better, but much lighter. So I usually give it a light stain and buff it out and wax it.

john019

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2018
Very nice. It always amazes me that some pipes look like they need to go into the fire pit, but once you knock the layer of crud off, and give it a little TLC, they pop back to life.

Reactions: indoeuro
Status
Not open for further replies.