Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
Let me start by saying that I work on a passenger ferry in NY and get drug tested by the coast guard frequently.

So one day there is about 8 coast guards onboard with a k-9 doing drills. The dog is used for explosives and drugs.

Now here I am on the weather deck, packicng my new Peterson with bulk tobacco (in a plastic bag of course) when I look up and every one of the coast guard is staring at me in disbelief. I keep on my merry way and continue to light it up and notice they are still checking me out. By now I have to tell them it's just tobacco because they weren't close enough to smell it.

Good times for sure.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
We can only hope to live to see the day that everything you can smoke will be legal, much to the dismay of all those guys who profit from the prohibition. It didn't work with alcohol, and it's not working with the other things they determine "illegal" Go to Youtube and search for LEAP ( Law Enforcement Against Prohibition )

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Instead of telling them, you should have said, 'Mmm, that's a good weed' and turned around. That was a fun story :)

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
"It's 'Middle Earth' weed. Perfectly legal. Look it up if you don't believe me. Or do you want to see a receipt?"

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Probably most of us pipe smokers have on ocassion run into someone who questions wheather or not what we're smoking is legal.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
When I was younger I had one of those alaumnium stem stainless steel bowl pipes and we all know what they are used for... Anyway I would come in to town and walk around smoking that just to screw with the local law enforcement. That all the old timers are gone the officers that are there now I went to school with and they know I am a smartass so I can use a one hitter and they wouldnt think nothing of it. lol takes the fun out of things

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I can relate. I do the drug testing on my rig, so when I pull out a pipe and a plastic bag of burley and bright, it gets a lot of notice. When 3 or 4 of us bust up some baccy, it's quite a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.