Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to remind everyone that if you scroll down below the 'Latest Discussions' part of the forum home page you will see that we have sub-forums.
I would like to ask everyone that when when you are starting a new thread/topic, please go into the sub-forum that the subject of the thread fits into and start the thread there.
It will keep the forums cleaned up and put the discussions in their proper place.
For example:

Pipe Discussions = Pipe Talk forum

Tobacco Discussions = Pipe Tobacco Discussions forum

Tobacco Reviews = Pipe Tobacco Reviews forum

Nothing to do with pipes, tobacco, or smoking = General Discussion forum

etc.
I have been off line for a few days and am trying to catch up on the discussions, but I have just spent 3 hours moving threads/topics to the proper forums.
If you have a topic/thread and are not sure which forum it fits into, just post it in the 'General Pipe Smoking Discussion' forum and we will figure out where it fits best. Most likely it will belong in the general smoking forum.
I haven't had a chance to read hardly any of the threads :crying: . :lol:
I would really appreciate it. That way I could spend what little time that I have, reading the posts instead of moving them.
Thanks Everyone :mrgreen: !

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
OK, I just posted a new thread in utter violation of this very wise policy, since I posted it before reading this.
But no more.
All future new threads to be opened in the appropriate new sub-forum.
I really appreciate the "latest discussion" format here -- so much easier to see what's new -- and will in future honor that by posting more categorically.
Thanks to the mods.
Edit: No harm. No foul... I moved it for you. Lawrence

Reactions: Lucashly

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
great to remind - i also had some problems to get arround as this forum is a bit different in concept and new members really have to look arround to see where everything is... :)

this is good and bad - as they can't jump right in - they need to look arround and get to know the forum first :)

heheheheh

regards

daniel

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
Sorry if I have messed the type of thread. Second I would like to say that the search could use work. instead of going by title I find that it looks in other thread for the same words. I could type in 'bent or straight' and it gives me choices from posts that have those words in them, I could see a posts that have 'my new bent, and then there is a new picture to come with it.' I find it to be rather annoying.
Just my two cents.

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
Lawrence my friend - thank you from the bottom of my heart...

:)

so far i had some problems but figured them out... as said - it is a bit unusual but nothing to worry about to much :)

if any further problems i will contact you for sure :)

thanks again..

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
I'm sure it was my thread??
No, man. I'm sure it wasn't.
This place displays recent activity before the forums. So new posters probably don't notice the forums/boards below.
I am certain that you are not being singled out. :)

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Like Goodkat said; no one is being singled out. Just trying to make all of the newer members aware of the sub-forums and to try to keep the overall forums cleaner. Also so that threads will be a little easier to find. It will help in the long run as the forums are getting more and more busy.
Thanks again everyone!

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
is this the place where you ask questions about where do you ask questions ?

maybe i missed it but

i have looked all over and i cannot find a topic about asking questions about how the board operates or stuff like why is there 2 profiles and two avatars and why does another user's avatar show on the wire postings that i make or why the signature shows sometimes and sometimes not - what is a wire etc .
maybe some of the problem is with firefox - i tired clearing the cache and restarting etc ...
aha - i think i found it - the parent magazine forum !
i guess i can learn something by reading more before i post though it was not very easy to find

Status
Not open for further replies.