PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
When I bought my Alfred Hitchcock pipes, back in the '90's, they were absolutely caked up with little more than a pencil's thickness of open space in the center. I doubt he ever spent a minute cleaning them. Hitchcock was a meticulous craftsman when it came to his movies, but he was an absolute slob when it came to caring for his pipes.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
When I bought my Alfred Hitchcock pipes, back in the '90's, they were absolutely caked up with little more than a pencil's thickness of open space in the center. I doubt he ever spent a minute cleaning them. Hitchcock was a meticulous craftsman when it came to his movies, but he was an absolute slob when it came to caring for his pipes.

I wish I could be more like that sometimes, just smoke pipes and not fuss about them. Worry about other things in life as long as the pipes work.

But I'm like that shrimp in Finding Nemo who can't resist cleaning the tank all the time. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Blech
Ew Old Man Tongue Out Yuck GIF | GIFDB.com

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
So you have pipes that were owned and smoked by Alfred Hitchcock? That is so cool

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So you have pipes that were owned and smoked by Alfred Hitchcock? That is so cool
Yep. One of the side benefits of living in LA is that a lot of personal possessions of celebrities end up being circulated. The Hitchcock estate sold off a lot of Hitchcock's pipes to Gus' Smoke Shop and I happened to walk in as they were bringing in from rear, boxes of pipes for sorting. Being a regular customer, and having bought my William Conrad Charatans from them, I was welcomed to go through the boxes to see if there was anything I might like. There were two boxes filled with piles of Hitchcock's pipes, all Dunhills, all about group 3, all bents and mostly Dublins. All of them were incredibly filthy and the cake had hardened into something approaching concrete.

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
Yep. One of the side benefits of living in LA is that a lot of personal possessions of celebrities end up being circulated. The Hitchcock estate sold off a lot of Hitchcock's pipes to Gus' Smoke Shop and I happened to walk in as they were bringing in from rear, boxes of pipes for sorting. Being a regular customer, and having bought my William Conrad Charatans from them, I was welcomed to go through the boxes to see if there was anything I might like. There were two boxes filled with piles of Hitchcock's pipes, all Dunhills, all about group 3, all bents and mostly Dublins. All of them were incredibly filthy and the cake had hardened into something approaching concrete.
What a cool story. Im glad you were able to pick them up and hopefully get some use out of the pipes... after you cleaned them, ha.

Reactions: hawky454