PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

floridapipeman

Might Stick Around
Jun 3, 2018
These just arrived today. They have large bowls all by Altinok. Took about 2 month to craft them and they are truly works of art.
lxypQjc.jpg

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Nice pipes. Altinok does great work. I just received a Santa Claus meer from Altinok. Their pipes are well engineered. Enjoy your time with your new meers.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
The meers like that second one there, that are brown, is that already pre-colored? In my very little knowledge about meers, I always thought they were supposed to be...white. I've browsed several of their meers before, but I was always curious about the meers that looked brownish in color but were supposedly un-smoked.

Jan 8, 2013
The meers like that second one there, that are brown, is that already pre-colored? In my very little knowledge about meers, I always thought they were supposed to be...white. I've browsed several of their meers before, but I was always curious about the meers that looked brownish in color but were supposedly un-smoked.
Some are waxed with yellow beeswax as opposed to white, and then some are colored. I believe that pipe is the latter, but I could be wrong. I do have a yellow waxed meer and it doesn't look like that.
Florida, those are lovely pipes! I especially like that claw. Enjoy the heck out of them :clap:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Love meerschaum and these are beautiful carvings! Enjoy coloring them up my brother...

floridapipeman

Might Stick Around
Jun 3, 2018
Thanks guys. I'm also a fan of the claws, they just feel great. And that claw has a deep bowl around 2.10 inches or so. I'll post some more pics of other Meers I have, when time permits. In the meantime, have a fantastic week.

Jul 15, 2011
I've been wanting a dragon claw meer for some time now and this isn't helping anything. There are days that I really don't like you people :mrgreen:
I kid, I kid. Those are absolutely beautiful. Enjoy them in good health!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those are impressive. I don't own Meers, but from looking at many online, I see that the lower priced ones, if carved, are done in a perfunctory way, a little rough and generalized, with not much detail. These by contrast are beautifully done with intricate detail and artists' design. Lovely pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.