PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Couldn't the warning label be printed on the underside of the tin, leaving the front for full tin art

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Am I reading the rule wrong?
The final rule requires the warnings to appear on at least 30 percent of the two principal display panels of the package, and at least 20 percent of the area of advertisements.
Does this mean 30% of the front and 30% of the back or 30% of the back and front together?
The papers also state that 1% of high school students smoke a pipe. Really? I've taught thousands of high schoolers in my career and can't say that one (other than meth,crack, and weed smokers) smoked a tobacco pipe. I doubt that 1% of any age group smokes a pipe. Is it just my exposure or does this seem like bull shit statistics to you?

May 4, 2015
Does this mean 30% of the front and 30% of the back or 30% of the back and front together?
On round tins/cans, presumably it just means the front. On cubic tins, I expect it means 30% of both front and back. We'll find out soon.
The papers also state that 1% of high school students smoke a pipe.
I laughed heartily at this as well. I even showed my wife that statistic to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong. I graduated with 185 kids and I am positive less than 2 of them smoked a pipe. Of course, they can manipulate the data and present it to their benefit. Maybe 1 in 100 has touched a pipe to their lips at some point, but 1 in 100 regular pipe smokers? PU-LEASE.

May 4, 2015
I doubt that 1% of any age group smokes a pipe. Is it just my exposure or does this seem like bull shit statistics to you?
I've lived all over the country, been in the military, met 1000's of people. I've met less than a dozen pipe smokers personally. 1 out of 100 "pipe smokers" is insane in any age demographic.
In the US, we have a higher percentage of our population in prison than we do who are pipe smokers. I'll bet McClelland, C&D, et al would be over the moon if that many people actually purchased pipe tobacco with any regularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.