PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Our 10 month old American Bulldog Brutus has always sat in a chair like he is human. He has been doing this since the beginning. In this pic, which my oldest son took a few minutes ago, he is sitting on my back lanai just staring up at the clouds. He is a great dog and very affectionate, he loves everyone. He will lick your face off if you let him. He likes to put his arms around you and lick you while he hugs you, it is incredibly funny.
IMG_20121127_132714.jpg

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Now that's funny. My dog Bell is smart too. She feels sorry for me because I get so much junk

mail. That's why she tries to bite the mailman.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
lol! That's awesome Harris. Dog's are great - right now we have one cocker spaniel (at one time we had 4 dogs!)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
That's hilarious. My dog stands up like a person when she is begging for food. She will stand straight up with her front legs at her sides like arms, kind of like your dog is doing in the chair. She also has her own "Barking Chair". It is really a dog bed, but she will only sleep in a person bed. She drags the dog bed in front of the window so she can sit in it and bark out the window. I've moved it before and she puts it back!
Roxy in her barking chair.
IMAG0077_zps7c354fe6.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys. When we eat dinner he sits in his chair off to the side a little and just watches us. He likes being part of the family dinner.
Baron, too cool. When I was growing up we had a poodle who would do that, it is so funny watching them walking around like that.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
This also reminds me a King of the Hill Episode, where Bobby takes a class on comedy. He becomes "Tartuffe the spry wonder dog"
In the episode they discuss what is funny or not, a dog who thinks he is a man or a man who thinks he is a dog.
Season 10, Episode 5.
305698.png

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Here's a photo of our chocolate lab Otis.. This is his favorite spot to sleep, usually with me beside him.. Can't keep a pillow cover clean, he drools on them, plus the granite dust from where we live that seems to migrate to him rubs off on it and the bed sheet.. King size bed, me, the wife, Otis, a cat, and our small beagle mix all sleep there at night.. Otis currently weights 105 lbs...
1e0yv6.jpg

(Bright spots on his chest is light coming in through the mini blinds)

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
we love dogs as well, we are without a dog at the moment. we had to put our boxer down in july. we miss her alot. i like the pics here of the dogs. for us our dog(s) have always been a big patr of our family. we have two cats as well. we hope too rescue a boxer soon. our last three boxers have been rescues.
mike.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
crk69, great pic. Brutus sleeps on either my bed or my younger son's. I also have a 9 year old Yorkie named Elliot who sleeps on my bed all the time. I cannot imagine not having dogs, had em all my life. I used to own white German Shepard's, they were the coolest and smartest dogs, only problem was they shed so bad. My last one Buddy was a 120 pound monster who looked like a giant white wolf when he went after strangers. I had an acre and a half in R.I before I moved to Florida and he patrolled it quite well.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've seen Roxy stand up on her back legs, look at me and then walk backward around a corner! She's a nut. I've yet to get a camera shot, though. She goes back to being a dog when I point the camera at her.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
We brush a small poodle off Otis every other day or so with his shedding... Couldn't imagine not having at least one dog or cat in the house... They are our "kids", and are pretty spoiled...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Great dog cigrmaster! Perhaps you could teach him to drive:
Motor mutts pass doggie driving test with flying collars
http://www.france24.com/en/20121210-motor-mutts-pass-doggie-driving-test-with-flying-collars

Status
Not open for further replies.