PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
My favourite Peterson at the moment is a Sherlock Holmes Original but I have my eyr on a Sherlock Hokmea Mycroft and a Peterson Smooth Antique Straight 1904. Those Arans look great though. btw,I looked through my copies of the Sherlock Holmes stories with the original illustrations from Strand Magazine and he isn't pictured anwhere smocking a "Sherlock Holmes" pipe,I think we have to thank the late Basil Rathbone for that,he smoked one in the films.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Thanks again, gents.

Morlander, it was indeed Rathbone that started the association between Holmes and the calabash pipe. He claimed that style of pipe made it easier for him to deliver his lines.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
They are both excellent smokers, as I would expect from a Peterson. I have yet to buy a Peterson that doesn't smoke well. Of course, the 68 has a larger bowl and thus provides a longer smoke. The 68 is also heavier and a little less comfortable for clenching, but can still be clenched.

simpledesign

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2011
Nothing but great things to say about Peterson....I have a Shannon 01 and a St Patrick's 2011 106. My Shannon is in transit across the Atlantic back to the factory to be replaced (by their recommendation) for a cosmetic flaw. It smoked excellent before the Rep said, "can I send that back and get you a new one?"

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
That Peterson Aran I mention in my post yesterday is a 120. I stopped by the office this morning to feed the fish and, while there, took a look at the number. Very nice pipe.

Oh, romeowood, I'm happily puffing on my Peterson "Rocky" bulldog as I write this. Like you, I've come to really appreciate that shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.