A Collection of Vintage Prince Albert Tobacco Ads for Your Viewing Enjoyment

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quint

Jul 1, 2017
I am sharing with you a collection of images from vintage Prince Albert tobacco magazine ads (1905-1950s) that I have collected for your viewing enjoyment.
Can you imagine an advertisement today showing kids giving their fathers tobacco for Christmas or Father's Day? Oh, the horror!
Enjoy. :puffy:

mcitinner1

Preferred Member
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
The good old days, as they say, when I was sittin' on my Dad's lap while he smoked both pipes and cigarettes. :mrgreen:

nevadablue

Preferred Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wow, thanks! I like the old advertising and have been collecting it (images of it, that is) off the 'net. You just gave me an idea for how to use it.

Print a bunch of them and put the stack in a properly sized frame. When you get tired of looking at one, remove the stack and pick a different one and put the stack back in the frame. No need to figure out where to store the others, they can't get lost.

deathmetal

Preferred Member
Jul 21, 2015
These are great, and naive. Who reads through four paragraphs of advertising, in our Enlightened(tm) times?

balkisobrains

Preferred Member
Jun 27, 2016
I'm gathering from Google that a "Jimmy Pipe" is some sort of anti-nicotine pipe. Is that correct? :puffpipe:

pipeman84

Dec 9, 2016
In the sixth ad starting from the back it says a packet of PA is enough for 50 pipefuls or 70 roll your own cigarettes. I don't get it...isn't a pipe like 2-3 grams and a cigarette 1g tops? If the packet lasts for 50 pipefuls then it should do at least 100 cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.