A Cold and Bitter Winter on the Horizon?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Colder winter? Bring it on, last yr on east coast we had snow stay from November til April.
I am starting up a new pool maintenance business Peck, close early an you will regret it. Lol

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
We've been in the 90's - 100's in the PNW. NOT what we're use to! Frankly, I'm tired of cleaning the pool, wouldn't mind closing it down, but not for 2 more weeks.
Just got the 2015 Farmer's Almanac - hold on Peck - upper US east coast is projected as "wintery, wet, and white" which might be better than "frigid and flaky" - neither one sounds good.
My advice is, better stock pile snacks and tobacco!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
This morning I saw a pretty thick coated Woolly Worm in the garden.
I know it's a farce, but we used to always say the earlier they're seen and the

thicker the fur on them, the worse the winter would be.
DSCN0983s.jpg

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Everyone complains about the weather but nobody does anything about it. (Mark Twain) For me, in N.E. Ohio, this has been a great summer, except for the tomatoes. Low A/C bills, great weather for golf and sitting on the patio while enjoying a pipe. The grass has been green all summer. The only problem with last winter (for me) was the damned over night snows. I hate clearing the drive before I go to work. Other than that, I can take whatever mother nature can throw my way.
Mike S.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I'm a chronic complainer
I dislike the extreme heat and I just hate the snow
Spring and fall are ny favorite times of the year, although they seem to be getting shorter and shorter

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I am a Michigan guy, I am pretty sure it going to be another brutal winter. The yellow jackets are really on the prowl for the protein, the birds are gathering in droves around my house eating all the acorns they can get.

As of July the Fourth, we still had ice on Lake Superior. It has also been feeling like October around here too, not looking forward to the cold.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
When we were in New Orleans in June, people kept asking me if I minded the heat. Papipeguys picture was still all too vivid in my head. So no, I did not mind the heat.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Last winter sucked! Culinary herbs I've had in the garden for 5 or more years got hurt bad. Had to replace 3 types and should have replace two more, Oh my lovely sage bush a shadow of its former self.

Some years....prior to last winter I could use fresh sage and thyme at Thanksgiving, real hearty varieties. Last winter was just a killer!

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes:puffy:

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I live is Saskatchewan. Every winter is a cold and bitter winter. Makes us tougher (or so we like to think).

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Seems like it sure could be. We have had the best summer I can ever remember here in Oklahoma. Great rains for a change. Weather has been unusually cool up to about 2 weeks ago. High 90's to 102 + last few weeks. That would normally be the way of it from anytime in June on through the end of August. It will be interesting to see.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
It's supposed to be shit winters for the next 20 years at least, we're actually entering a period of global cooling, most of the top climate change scientists have even switched over to the global cooling theory, which justifies all of the arguments I had against global warming with libtards over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.