PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Yeah, I saw this in an ad yesterday and even a 98" one. You'd swear those people were in the room with you. Makes my 65-inch look rather small.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Thanks a lot, having flashbacks to junior high showers after gym class! All this measuring . . .

60 is as big as we go, but that's all the particular rooms require.

Reactions: sablebrush52

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Congrats on the new big screen. We just got a new 75" TCL a couple of weeks ago after our old Samsung plasma died last year and I failed in my attempts repair it. It has been a nice upgrade.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jun 9, 2018
England
OLED vs Neo QLED, which do you think is better? From what i've read each technology has pluses and minuses so it comes down to what you prefer in a tv.

From reading professional reviews it seems that OLED work best in a darker room, one without too much natural sunlight. QLED has a much brighter screen but OLED has absolute black. I'm no expert btw, I just read the reviews from time to time.

I think I'd be happy with either one.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've been looking for a reason to get rid of my fantastic LG 65" UHD set, but can't find one. Love an 85", but I sit 8' feet from the 65 and can move closer....

For quite a while, I was dedicated to Sony. 4-5 years ago, switched to Samsung. Two years ago, went to LG, and have been very pleased with it.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
OLED vs Neo QLED, which do you think is better? From what i've read each technology has pluses and minuses so it comes down to what you prefer in a tv.

From reading professional reviews it seems that OLED work best in a darker room, one without too much natural sunlight. QLED has a much brighter screen but OLED has absolute black. I'm no expert btw, I just read the reviews from time to time.

I think I'd be happy with either one.
Chris, you need to wait for the OLED+ Ultra Pro Super Extra Whizzbang model due to be out soon. It's rumoured to have a 150" 6D screen with 18 speakers (plus 4 subwoofers) and can communicate with the Space Station.

Regards,

Jay.